Laidback Luke switches from Denon to djay Pro AI

That was probably the most interesting information in the video. I’m curious to see what awaits us …

In one of the videos, Luke talks about streaming some of his songs from the iCloud. Does this actually work? Previously, when I integrated iCloud folders into Djay Pro, the songs stored there were downloaded immediately. But that’s exactly what I don’t want. Is there a way to do this?

Nice set by Laidback Luke
using djay Pro iOS, Reloop MIXTOUR and RMX-95 mixer

2 Likes

Not Luke, but I thought this one was cool too…

2 Likes

Yes I like that mix too. It also made me think …

Algoriddim has to move the Crossfader FX toggle / Mix Now - out of that sub-menu!!! It really messes up the clean lines of the interface. Look at 2:25 min when he starts to menu dive - while he’s in the middle of mixing/scratching!!! Everything looked cool until that point. Then it looks so awkward. I can’t unsee it now. Every time he pops open the menu I feel a little twinge of … ack, WTF was that?!? It could be my imagination, but he also starts to look annoyed when had to keep popping open the menu.

I find the idea of using the smartphone for this very charming, as I generally like a compact setup. So far, I’ve been using an iPad, and somehow I have the feeling that I would struggle to cope with the small screen. And I mean small, because my daily driver is an iPhone 13 mini, simply because I don’t want to carry a large smartphone around with me in everyday life …
But maybe that’s also a question of habits, like so many things in life.

3 Likes

Yes, it’s definitely a matter of preference. I really like Djay Pro, but I think the phone screen is too tiny to use for my taste. I use an 11 inch iPad Air, but I have been eying the iPad Mini, for more portability, like an in between size.

I know Luke from when he was playing on cd’s and later with usb drives on the CDJ’s. It seemed he actually liked the discussion at the door when he came to a club without a record case or big headphone, just like any random dude with small earbuds and a usb thumb drive. It seems he’s doing the same thing all over again, coming up to the stage with his every day phone, earbuds and the smallest (but capable) controller he could find.

1 Like

You and me both. Minis rule.

1 Like