Let automix play out entire end tail & start point un-modified

Hi! I recently bought Djay Pro for iPad to run the backing track audio/video for live shows for my project. It’s not being manually used to DJ the tunes, it’s just using auto-mix.

It works really nicely for this, except that I don’t want any processing on the transitions between songs, and really want the tracks to overlap. So it seems like the only options are to either set transition time to zero with start/end point cues set, which will hard cut between the tunes and doesn’t sound good, or do the same at the very start and of the tracks, which causes overly long gaps between tracks as the tails play out.

I really really would love to see an option to use the start/end cue points that I’ve set, but to just do playback based on those points and let everything play out without any transition fx and without cutting off the end tail of the tracks early.

Until we have that capability, I’ll have to pre-edit the videos into 1 long video for the entire set & play back as one video, which is a real pain, and doesn’t let me level adjust the tunes if they’re not hitting the correct level. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

It’s so close to being an awesome solution for live electronic band A/V needs, and if we get this basic capability extension I’ll be shouting from the rooftops about how much I love the setup. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m sure this would be helpful for normal DJ automixes as well. With regular DJ’ing it can be nice to let those end tails play out under the new tune.