LG G Pad X 8.0 w/Djay 2?

Hello peeps…

I’ll have one of the (horribly named) LG G Pad X 8.0 Android pads soon (and basically for free through a bundle promotional deal at AT&T), and I’d like to be able to use it for my wedding gigs as part of a backup unit. Currently I’m using an Ipad 2 in an Alesis I/O dock, but it has a severe limitation: the Ipad itself is only 16gb and (of course) non-expandable (the G Pad X has a microSD card slot that supports up to 128gb). The G Pad also has a full-size USB 2 port that will (theoretically) allow me to connect peripherals AND charge at the same time; the IO Dock does this but doesn’t allow any other USB peripherals to be connected so I’m limited to using the touchscreen (something like the Reloop Mixtour looks like it would be perfect).

I’ve been using Djay 2 on the Ipad for years and it’s a great program that’s run flawlessly for me every time I’ve used it (even on that “old” hardware), but in researching the Android version I see very little in the way of advice on what minimum specs a pad should have to run it smoothly (there are sooooo many different types of Android pads, sort of like PCs). I also know that native pro audio capability on the Android platform was non-existent prior to Android 6 (or was it 5?) and we’re just at 7 now, so info is new and scarce.

So I guess my questions are:

1. Has anyone here tried the G Pad for Djay 2 and,
    2.Are there any Android pro-audio resources out there that I’m missing that are NOT for developers?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile: