Library browse/sort

I have 9,500 songs in my library.
I have divided it into 2 main playlist folders: Club and Weddings/Events.

I have frequent stutters when scrolling through playlists (sound plays, but the program image freezes for 10-15 seconds). Changing the sorting can crash the entire program. I’m posting a link to YouTube - where it shows an error.

• Device model ASUS ROG FLOX x13 / AMD RYyzen 9 5900HS, 16GB Ram
  • Version of operating system Windows 11:
  • Version of djay 5.2.9604.0:
  • Hardware/controllers used No-hardware and with Pioneer DDJ1000:

Hello, it’s the same for me, my playlist sounds from iTunes and after 10 seconds it comes back.

I have an Acer nitro 5 gaming PC, i7 10750h, 16 GB of Ram, gtx 1660Ti graphics card with setup: phasedj (mixars STA vinyl turntable), numark scratch.

I think this version has too many problems.
Very poorly programmed (sorry to the programmers) and what’s more, I just bought the €49.99 version and I’m starting to regret it.
I have to go back to serato for my next services.

Bonjour, c’est pareil pour moi, mes playlist son de iTunes et au bout de 10 second sa revient.

J’ai un pc gamer Acer nitro 5, i7 10750h, 16 go de Ram , carte graphique gtx 1660Ti avec comme setup : phasedj (platine vinyle mixars STA) , numark scratch.

Je pense que cet version a tro de problème.
Très mal programmé (désolé pour les programmeurs) et en plus je vienne d’acheter la version 49.99€ et je commence à regretter.
Je doit me retourner vers serato pour mes prochains prestations.

Hi, I recorded the behavior of the library when I scroll down the list.
You can see the moment when the cursor disappears and returns to the top.
This sort of thing happens when sorting songs on Windows.
I have the impression that this may be the reason for the program’s instability. When I work on 1 list - which works fine after a few moments - everything works fine.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yye9XyHJ-o

1 Like

I just noticed that if I don’t use softening by BPM (I don’t use any sorting). The default alphabetic softening is set. This problem does not exist

Hi @Eric_Locloc,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback! In the future, it would be great if you could translate your posts into English before publishing, as most of our community members are English speakers.

I’ve taken the liberty of adding a French-to-English translation to your post.

Thank you for your understanding!

2 Likes

Thanks for the additional info and video @mausikdj. I’ve shared this with engineering.

Hi @Eric_Locloc, thanks for the details about your setup. I’ve shared this with engineering for further review and to see if they can replicate the issue. In the meantime, if can you please try to capture a video of this, upload it to your Google Drive/Dropbox, enable sharing permissions, then share a link to the video here that will help us to troubleshoot things further. Thanks!

Hello, I’m adding some video material to you.
This time conditions: Windows 10 (PC), i7-8700k, 24GBRam 3600Mhz, nvme ssd, rtx3060
No controllers connected.
Algoriddim software itself.

When viewing SORTED lists - you can see micro-lags in the recording. I marked them in red on the screen.

VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQOF5bV1ZfU
The software behaves this way on 2 different Windows devices. Can you confirm that this is a bug only on this system? I guess it’s not related to the hardware configuration.

If you want, I can be your alpha-tester with Windows.
Watching your progress since December 23 - I see great progress.

1 Like

Thanks for the additional information and video @mausikdj. This is very helpful. I’ve shared this with engineering.

Hi @mausikdj,

Regarding “frequent stutters when scrolling through playlists”: can you please provide a memory dump file created via Task Manager at the moment the app is hanging (see screenshot below)?

where send url file?

You can share the “memory dump file” here or send me a DM.

Hi @mausikdj, I just sent another follow up to engineering. I’ll let you know when I hear back. Thanks!

Hi again @mausikdj, I spoke with engineering, and unfortunately they still have not been able to reproduce this issue on their end.