Link mp3 files from icloud drive don't work. "No permission"

I try to link files from icloud drive but I get errors:

“The file " Megamixes” couldn’t be opened because you don’t have permission to view it.
You don’t have permission."

I can link files from iPad and SD-cards, but not icloud drive. Why?

Best regards Thomas Lydhig, Sweden.

Probably because the lag when downloading causes issues.

Try to download the file beforehand…

First I upload files to iCloud drive, one day later I try to use iCloud drive for playing mp3. And then I get problems with acc…

How can I change order?

Can you try to download them in advance in the files app?

Hey @Thomas_Lydhig

Welcome, thanks for posting in the Community!

Sorry to hear that you’re having this issue.

Could you please try the following work around and let us know if the issue persists?

Add individual tracks, one at a time, from your iCloud Drive to the djay files media library and see if you are still getting the permissions error.

If you do, please let us know and answer the following questions:

1. Which specific iPad are you using?
  2. Which version of iOS are you on?
  3. Which version number of djay are you using?

NOW, it’s working. But not before. Strange!

So glad to hear that it’s working now! Thanks for letting us know. Feel free to reach out if it comes up again.

In fact, the problem occurs only when trying to import an entire folder. Everything works smoothly with individual files.
It would be great if you could get the same result with folders, it would save a lot of time.

Hey @TheSpanish - Thanks for reaching out. We believe there is a workaround to load an entire folder. Could you please try this?

If you load a single song from the folder you want to add first, you should be able to add the folder without any problems.

Let us know how it goes! Looking forward to hearing back.

Wow…yes, it works!!! Thank you so much!!!

1 Like

@TheSpanish - So glad to hear it!! Thanks for letting us know.

Feel free to reach out here in the Community if you have any further questions or suggestions, and have a great day! :slight_smile: