List of available MIDI actions in djay

Please add a midi actions for editing the beat grid

• Set Beatgrid start to exactly where the playhead is
  • Shift the beatgrid by 1 beat (move “beat one” forward / backward by one beat)
  • Adjust the beatgrid very fine grained to the left and right so that it matches the beat
3 Likes

You mean as new commands?

2 Likes

Yes thease are functions that can already be done via the iPad screen.
But I want to MIDI map these commands / actions.

What I want: When i press a certain button on my hardware controller, than the beat grid is set to that position. (when MIDI mapped accordingly)

1 Like

I’ve added your suggestion to our list. If anyone else would like to see this, please vote at the top of the post.

1 Like

Thank you for the clarifications. I’ll keep the list updated.

1 Like

I made a big update to the list.
I actually found out only right now, that dJay for iOS has TWO seperate list of mappable MIDI actions. One for click-buttons and another one for faders/knobs and rotaries.

This feels a lot like testing, guessing and reverse engeneering, but its great fun. I hope the list is usefull for otheres.

@algoridm: There are a lot of open questions in the Sheet. We’d be glad about answers.

There are a lot of quite usefull but undocument features in dJay. It would be worth documenting them. Here is one example (many more in the sheet):

Set loop OUT in dJay for iOS

When paused: Set the end of the loop to exactly where the playhead is.
When playing: Set the end of the loop (quantized).
When you create a loop while playing dJay very cleverly quanzizes the end of your loop. When you set a very short loop you can create a 1/2, 1 or 2 beat loop. When you click OUT after the third beat, dJay will automatically create a 4 beta (=1 bar) loop. Which is most likely what you want.

Thanks for this document! It will make it easier for me to map out my controller with Djay!

I will not hesitate to contribute if I find some of the missing commands!

Thanks!

Thanks for the document! This is great :grin:

For DJay Pro AI on Mac, can you please add the ability to midi map buttons to select the FX Assignment for Deck, Drums, Harmonic and Vocals? Thank you.

3 Likes

For DJPro AI on Mac, please also add the ability to midi map buttons and knobs for Beat Jump and Beat Jump Size. Thanks again.

2 Likes

Hey guys, that list is pure GOLD!!! thanks.

I am trying to midi map the Rane One, it is a slow learning curve. (dj dad joke in there)

1. anybody already do it and have a midi file? I WILL PAY!
  2. having a hard time with the spinning platters, I figure since the rane 12 is now compatible then the one should be able to do it, any idea where I can see a rane 12 file so I can try to apply it to my rane 1?
1 Like

Thank you very much for the praise. I am very happy that this community driven list helps.

Here you can find a very good tutorial how to manually create a MIDI map: MIDI Mapping Algoriddim Djay (Neural Mix) - We Are Crossfader

MIDI maps for a lot of DJ tools (software) and controllers can be here:
https://maps.djtechtools.com/

Hope that helps. (Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Algoriddim in any way. Just trying to help.)

9 Likes

Update: This list is still alive and actively maintained. Any feedback is more than welcome.

1 Like

i’m using a DDJ-SP1 on my cdj + mixer setup, i would like to “toggle” all the FX knobs in to “Neural mix knobs”… but unlike traktor i cant assign a button to act like a modifier and i have to hold shift in order to use the “Neural mix layer” on the FX knobs… not so friendly…

Hi! I have the need for various midi mappings that I’m not finding as options in DJ pro AI for Mac… However, when I look at this google sheet, the things Im looking for are listed.

Im confused how I get to see all the mappings listed in this google sheet… or maybe they’re just not implemented in the mac version of the software?

Specifically I need:

Button mapping for effects 1-3 on/off for each deck
Button for turning neural layers on/off (i.e. drums, bass, harmonic, vocals)
Buttons for turning loop on/off
Buttons for increasing/decreasing loop length
Button for 8 Instant FX slots per deck

Thank you

2 Likes

Hello Aiotea!

(Disclaimer: I am not associtated with Algoridim in any way. I am just a motivated poweruser :slight_smile:

The above Excel as created for the iOS version of dJay on iPad. The available mappings on a PC or MAC might differ.

But I’d really be wondering, if for example the effect on/off is not midi mappable on MAC ??? Maybe Algoriddim Support knows more …

1 Like

Hi Doogie, thanks for the reply…

So I’ve dug deeper, and think I’ve found the issue…

I’m mapping velocity sensitive buttons, and looking for on/off mappings… and when I send midi to dJay, it’s seeing the mapping is shown with a “fader” icon and giving limited mapping options.

The solution seems to be if I go to that mapping → Advanced → and change Control Type to button, which gives MANY more options I was looking for.

I think this solves my issue… and will check and make sure every mapping I listed earlier is in this other menu. If not, I’ll report back.

Cheers!

5 Likes

Thanks @doogie - this is a really useful list :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

hi at all, is’t any midi command about sampler pad? Only volume? i would buy Mixars Primo controller, isn’t natively mapped :frowning: