List of unsupported mixers that actually works with Djay

Could you provide the community with a list of mixers that would work if we make the mapping manually.
I already bought 1 mixer that does not work for me with Djay (Mixars Quattro - works perfect with VirtualDJ), and I would like to avoid doing the same mistake again.
There are not many mixers in the list of supported hardware, but now when you added the DVS functionality, more users would probably be looking at solutions without a controller.
There are a few mappings on https://maps.djtechtools.com/, and I guess if you encourage the community to share their mappings - this would probably happen.

2 Likes

I could be wrong, but I believe as long as the mixer is USB class compliant, it should work with djay and you should be able to make your own MIDI mapping.

1 Like

Thats what I have been told, even so there are mixers that does not work with sound routing to headphones. Like my Mixars Quattro.

1 Like

Hi there. If I remember correctly, there is an application on the App Store that you can download to your iOS device then plug your controller in to the device. if the application recognizes it, you should be good to go…

I have unfortunately forgotten the name of the application as soon as I find it I will post it here

The Quattro is definitely class compliant. So maybe Algoriddim just need to make a few adjustments to support it. I own one myself, but haven’t yet tested it with Djay.

1 Like

Just a thought but have you checked the audio routing settings?

Maybe a fiddle in there might get the sound routed to the precue correctly?

Only a stab in the dark but you never know……

:+1:t2:

Yes, I ise it as extermal, otherwise the faders also show twice In the mapping area.
I cant find a way to get the precuing working through my headphones. The light in the performance pads dont work in Djay with midi out.

I was hoping that people would put in the names of mixers that works fine.

1 Like

This was the list I was Looking for

I Think these models should be included here:

I wrote support saying the exact same thing, that they need to update their list, and was treated like I was a moron for not figuring it out. Like did you know on iOS (according to Algoriddim support) the S7 and Reloop Elite can only be used with DVS on Djay ,but cannot be used without DVS mode. So if you would need to come out of DVS mode (for example turntable dies, broken needle, or other fluke), the mixer would become useless.

I Think these models should be included here:

The S7 can be used without DVS. I have one that I normally use with SC5000ms (without djay ai of course because they are unfortunately unsupported), but I tried it out once I saw the mixer was supported and all the functions/mappings work fine.

That’s good to know, when I contacted support they said the S7 would only work in DVS mode. This is why I’m so flustered over the hardware support page.

Yeah when I saw the S7 mentioned in the DVS update I specifically asked an algoriddim employee if it was plug and play across the board for use with controllers like the Rane twelve MKIIs or just with DVS and they said across the board. You can check the response from them under the official post from them about the big update in the “general discussing section” for confirmation in case someone else tells you otherwise.

Agreed on the supported hardware page. I posted shortly after the DVS update asking them
to update the list of supported hardware since it was just casually mentioned that the S7 is supported. Did you know that the pioneer Rev1 is also supported? Because one wouldn’t unless you dig through forum posts. Hopefully the lack of an updated lists means they are about to announce support for a bunch of new hardware and want to drop it all at once. Fingers crossed for my SC5000Ms because I’d really like to give it a shot without having to buy more hardware.

Yeah I would really like to use a Rane 72 with Rane Twelve’s or LC6000’s (especially because the LC6000s come free with the Rane mixer, but not a word from Algoriddim. It would suck to purchase a Reloop Elite or Rane Seventy and purchase 2 lc6000s, when a Rane 72 with LC6000s are cheaper.

I have been using a Denon Prime 4 in the meantime. But would prefer the seventy two/twelve or seventy two/lc6000 combo so much more.

The LC6000s and Twelve MKIIs are natively supported and the 72 can be mapped. Not sure to what extent since I’ve never tried mapping anything myself, but I’ve seen videos of the 72 in use. At the very least though you would have access to all the pad, transport and browsing functions on the LC6000s and the hardware effects and what not on the 72 so you should have all your bases covered.

Here’s the video example I’m talking about.

Sorry about that, the list on our main website has been updated now to also include all the mixers.

The Denon mixer is only on Mac, not on iOS. Is this an error?
Thanks for updating the list.

Yes good catch, this has been fixed. :+1:

Hi Anders, Do you plan to share the documentation of the mappings? I remember there was a spreadsheet some years ago with all the possible mappings, maybe this is updated, and maybe this includes how every control have been mapped for each model.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.