Local Music Playlists Empty after iOS 17.4 update, iPad only

Device model: iPAD 10th Edition
Version of operating system: 17.4
Version of djay: 5
Hardware/controllers used: Pioneere Flex 4

Summary of the issue:
DJPro 5. I updated my iPad (10th edition) to iOS 17.4 today. Now all Local Music Playlists are empty. They have they’re titles and picture only. However all Local Music playlists in DJPro 5 on the iPHONE and iMAC are working ok. All Apple Music suggested playlists are also ok in DJpro on all other devices.

How to reproduce the issue:
Update iPAD to IOS 17.4

Hi @River,

1. Please log out of Apple Music within the djay settings then close djay
  2. Log out of the Apple Music app and close it as well.
  3. Then perform a Forced Restart of your iPad https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/ipad/ipad9955c007/ipados
  4. Launch djay and log back into Apple Music within djay.

@River if the above steps don’t solve your issue, can you please check to see if these same songs are playable from within the Apple Music App on your iPad? Thanks.

I have performed all the above steps and really thought that would do it. The Local Music playlists are all still empty in DJPro 5 on iPAD.

Yes all songs are playable within Apple Music App and all playlists are as they should be. iPHONE and iMAC are also ok.

Hi @River,

1. Are you using Apple Music / iTunes Match on your iPad?
  2. Please provide a screenshot of a playlist you are having issues with in djay.
  3. Also provide a screenshot of the same playlist within the Apple Music App.

Apple Music iPAD:

DJPro5:

Message when I Start DJPro

Showing Music Sources connected

:

I do use apple match but because the playlists are empty I don’t see the option to toggle it on or off.

Yes all songs play within the Apple Music App (iTUNES) as normal on iPAD iPHONE and iMAC all working ok.

Note: All my DJay Pro5 twenty two playlists including Recently Added and Recently Played are empty. There titles and icons are still ok.

Thanks for the additional info @River. Please confirm that the only change you’ve made was updating your iPad to iOS 17.4. Everything was working prior to this? You are using the same iPad as before? Songs are fully downloaded and physically stored on the device? Can you play the songs from within Apple Music with your internet connection disabled?

I can’t think of anything else to suggest other than to log out of your Apple ID within your iPad settings, perform another Forced Restart, log back into your Apple ID and try again. In the meantime, I’ve shared this with the engineering team to see if they have any other suggestions. I’ll report back when I have news.

RE: Thanks for the additional info.

1. The only change was the IOS 17.4 update

2. Everything was working prior to this.

3. Im using the same iPAD as before the issue.

4. RE: Songs are fully downloaded and physically stored on the device?
    All playlists were fully populated, analysed for BPM, time and Key. I am also not sure between the terms fully downloaded and Streaming when online. I understand the obvious but have not clicked on anything to fully download all songs.

5. RE: Can you play the songs from within Apple Music with your internet connection disabled?
    No I can not play the songs with the Internet dissabled. The playlists and songs are all there but will not play. When select a song I get message saying Connect to WiFi.

Thanks for the extra info @River.

1. If you cannot play the Local Music songs from within the Apple Music App when your internet connection is disabled, this suggests that the songs are no longer stored “Locally” / physically on your device. This is likely due to Apple Music Match.
  2. From within the Apple Music App, please open one of your local playlists and ensure that there is a Downloaded icon next to the song duration and not a Cloud icon. If there is a cloud, please download the songs then try again to open this playlist within djay.
1 Like

I don’t see that Downloaded icon on my Apple Music App on iPAD, iMAC or iPHONE.

Okay, thanks @River. I’m going to forward this to the engineering team to see if they have any suggestions. I’ll report back here when I have news.

I signed out of the main Appleid account and restarted iPad. Logged into Apple ID and waited for everything to settle down about ten minutes. I opened DJpro5 and logged into Apple Music in DJPro but as soon as I click on Local Music I get the Apple message “No songs found on your device”. However all the playlists are there but still empty.

1 Like

I signed out of the main Appleid account and restarted iPad. Logged into Apple ID and waited for everything to settle down about ten minutes. I opened DJpro5 and logged into Apple Music in DJPro but as soon as I click on Local Music I get the Apple message “No songs found on your device”. However all the playlists are there but still empty.

Okay, thanks @River. That’s all I can think of. We will have to wait to hear what the engineering team has to say. Thanks!

Hi again @River, I spoke with the engineering team and this is what they had to say:

The Local Music source will only show tracks from the iOS Music app that are downloaded AND don’t have DRM (i.e. only tracks the user purchased from the iTunes Store or manually added as MP3/M4A/WAV files to their library).

In this case it sounds like the tracks are just not downloaded since they work fine on iPhone and Mac. They will have to tap the ••• icon next to the tracks in the Music app and select “Download”.

EDIT:
If the above suggestion does not work, I suspect this is a similar issue to another topic related to Apple Music Match. Please refer to the linked article that contains some possible fixes for this.

NOTE: Please use the search function above before posting to avoid creating duplicate topics.

• Device model: iPhone 15 pro
  • Version of operating system: 17.3.1
  • Version of djay: 5.1.3
  • Hardware/controllers used:

Your question:

After I clicked „Synchronize Mediathek“ in iPhone Settings/Music, most of the tracks I see via „Djay Pro /AppleMusic“ are greyed and when I try to load them Djay pro app says „Titel nicht verfügbar“/ track not available.

When I play the songs directly with Apple Music app, all tracks are there and can be played on the iPhone.

If I turn off „Synchronize Media“ in Ios Music Settings again, the tracks are still grey in Djay Pro.

Questions:

• How can I play the tracks via Djay Pro again?
  • Why are are tracks available in Apple Music but not in Djay Pro?

Hi @turbopussy, I’ve merged your new topic with this existing one as they sound very familiar. Please read through the discussion above regarding how to download the songs onto your device via the Apple Music iOS app. Please also check out the article above for some possible fixes to the Apple Music Match. Let me know if this solves your issue or not. Thanks!