Loop Sampler possible?

Hi Everyone,

I am new Pro AI user. Been rocking with traktor for over 10 years, left the scene for five year (can’t say it too loud, but I got married)

Been looking for that bug that would get me at least try again, and The IPad version of pro AI did it for me.

Not sure if it’s me or the App. Is it possible to loop my own sample in the sampler? If yes can anyone direct me where to have it activated?

Thanks,

LPP

Hey @LPP ,

Welcome to the Community! Thanks for your first post. :smiley:

Currently, there is no way to loop your samples in the sampler. Additionally, there is no way to upload custom Looper Packs.

However, if you’d like, feel free to vote on this feature request via the Custom Looper packs post in Suggestions.

As a workaround, what you could do is load your samples to a deck and loop them from there.

To loop multiple samples, you could create a full-length track featuring those samples and seek through the track to loop the individual samples.

I hope this information helps. Feel free to post in the Community if anything else comes up. Have a nice day!

We need to custom loop! How is there no way when adding a file to the Sampler to choose either one shot or loop? Is it possible in Djay? Am I overlooking something? So as it stands files added to the Samples section are ONLY one shots and also no custom files can be added to the Looper either.

Hi @DJRan, I’ve moved your post to this topic instead. Currently Samples are one shot only.

@DJRan there is also this existing topic where you can cast your vote to have this functionality added to djay.

Hello,

There are already different OS and Android samplers/sequencers/loopers, that kind of internalization to dJay Pro would be easiest in theory to add to software. But those can be also used independently but need their own speaker and tablet/smart phone and mixing on ear. So basically same difficulty If two DJ controllers are connected to separate laptops and try to sync the beats.

I like mostly old house, it does require 3 (or four) channels from DJ controller because one plays The track, one plays on top and one deck is for next track preparation.

So is Reloop Buddy only with looper? Any 4 channel DJ controller with djay Pro looper? Roland is too much for me but it does have the idea.

Hi @repe85, the Looper in djay does not run on Deck 3 or 4. It basically runs on its own internal channel and is fed straight to the Master Out. So you do not need a 4 channel controller to use the Looper.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.