Sampler Play Modes

Hey there Djay Pro community!

I hope you’re all doing well. I’ve been using Djay Pro for a while now, and I’ve come across a feature in another DJ software that I believe could greatly enhance our experience with Djay Pro.

I referring to the Sampler Play Modes in Serato DJ, These modes allow for more creative control over audio samples:

1. Trigger Mode: The audio plays through until the end of the track, and you can trigger it again from the beginning. To stop, simply hold the alt key and click the play button or use a shortcut key.

2. Hold Mode: Audio plays only while you press and hold the play button or shortcut key, stopping immediately upon release.

3. On/Off Mode: Audio plays until the end of the track, and pressing play again stops the audio and returns to the start.

It’s all about giving us more flexibility and control.

So, I wanted to reach out to the Djay Pro development team and kindly request that they consider adding these Sampler Play Modes to a future update. It would be an awesome addition that I’m sure many of us would appreciate.

What do you all think? Do you see the value in these Sampler Play Modes as well? Let’s discuss and show our support for this feature request!

3 Likes

Hey there,

I appreciate your input, but it’s important to clarify a few things. Firstly, I didn’t take away stem separation, and as far as I know, Djay still offers stem separation. Are you on the latest version of the app?

Secondly, while it’s true that software improvements are essential, adding new features can also enhance the user experience. Sampler Play Modes, for instance, could provide DJs with more creative options without detracting from fixing existing issues.

Let’s keep the discussion constructive and focused on how we can make Djay Pro even better for everyone. If you have specific concerns or feature requests, feel free to share them.

Cheers!

Thanks for the suggestion @lthreezer0. I have forwarded this to the dev team for consideration.

I too would love to see the sampler enhanced… I am using IOS. I currently use an external sampler due to the limited capabilities within. I think sampler play modes would be a wonderful improvement.

1 Like

Hi, I couldn´t agree more with you @lthreezer0 . Unfortunately, I would argue that sampler is where Djay Pro is so much behind Rekordbox and Serato, but I guess I could be improved relatively easily, because the basis of the sample/looper/sequencer seems to be solid enough.

I wrote this suggestions a few weeks ago, to which I wold add the 3 modes you mentioned.

SAMPLER/LOOPER/SEQUENCER

1. Well, I think the sampler/looper/sequencer have a lot of potential, but it lacks some basic features that really make them way less useful than they could be:

a) a button for cueing with headphones in all three modes;

b) a gain knob in all three modes;

b) the possibility of looping quantized samples in the sampler mode.

Best

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.