Loops - play loop until end

There’s some tracks/songs where I want to play a selection of loops rather than the whole song. The best example is Queen - Radio Gaga. I’ve got 4x 2 bar loops made from non-vocal parts of the track - just a nice beat and some bleeps. Sounds nice in a kind of early 00s electroclash kinda way :wink:

However, when I press the button to start a loop - it starts instantly. That’s fine, I guess, but when switching between different loops it sounds janky unless you time it perfectly.

What’d be really nice is if there was a setting to force the loop to play until the end. Then I could play my loops as if they were a second track, whilst I’m fiddling around trying to cue the next track up.

So yeah - option to play loop fully before switching to the next one. There was a similar feature in Korg DS-10 and it was ace. :slight_smile:

@Algy_Taylor

1. Have you tried adjusting the Quantize value for you Hot Cues and Loops? Increasing it to 1 or 4 might yield the results you’re looking for.
  2. You might want to also consider using an Echo FX (with post fader turned ON) to smooth out the transitions between your Loop jumps.
  3. You could also use the Record feature in djay Pro and record yourself playing these loops in your preferred order. This would give you a new track with just the parts you want. Or you could use a software like Audacity to chop up the song and stitch it together exactly how you want.
1 Like

Ah, that’s the badger. Thanks :slight_smile:

You’re welcome @Algy_Taylor

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.