Lost imported files in Files section

I have imported some music tracks and music videos to the Files section on an iPad running djay Pro AI.

After reopening the app I realised that some files are no longer linked so I had to re-import them from Dropbox.

No iOS or version upgrade of djay PRO AI.

Why did this happen and where are these attributes stored?

Hey @tfmeier ,

Thanks for your post!

These files are stored in the “Linked Files” tab on the Files section in the djay Pro AI app.

Once you have added a File or Folder to the files section, they will appear in the Linked Files tab, where you can load them onto a deck.

Could you check the Linked Files tab and see if these files are there?

If they are not there, could you try adding them again from the Files app in djay and see if they appear in Linked Files now?

Please send us a screenshot of your Linked Files tab if they are still not there.

Looking forward to hearing back from you. Have a nice day!

The issue I had is I couldn’t access the files that were previously added (and working). The tile of the track was blanked out and when I selected the track it said it’s not available.

So I went back to Dropbox and re-added them after which it was ok again. My question was how could this happen.

Similarly yesterday I opened the app and it took like for ages to open the My files section and select tracks. Like the app froze for some reason

Hey @tfmeier

I’m glad to hear re-adding them did the trick. What could have caused this is that sometimes the Files app doesn’t always provide cloud access to third-party apps.

Regarding the app freezing, could you please answer the following questions?

1. How many tracks were you trying to load?
  2. When accessing the files in the My Files section, were the tracks from cloud storage (Dropbox), your device’s internal storage, or an external storage drive?

Looking forward to hearing back. Thanks in advance, and have a nice day!

Hello I’m having this same issue trying to Dj with music from the Files app. Randomly the app loses the link to all the files and says no files are there. The only way to fix is restart then they all come back. I don’t have to reload mine. Has this bug been fixed yet?

Hi @Blend30, can you please try to capture a video of this, upload it to your Dropbox/Google Drive, enable the necessary sharing permissions, and share a link to the video here? This will help the engineering team in trying to reproduce the issue on their end. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.