Oh… Let’s get to the bottom of this !!
As we haven’t been able to reproduce this issue, we need your help. It would be very helpful if you could send us your iPad logs. Don’t worry it’s not hard to get them, I’ll guide you through it.
You will need a computer to access the logs.
- Connect your iPad with your Mac via USB
- Open “Console” on your Mac
- Select your iPad under “Devices”
- In the search bar in the top right corner, type “djay” and press enter
- Open djay on your iPad
- Reproduce the issue you’ve described
- Copy & paste the content of the Console app on your Mac
Install iTools on your Windows machine
- Launch iTools
- Connect your iOS device to the Windows machine through USB
- Click on Toolbox
- When you are ready to reproduce the issue in djay on your iPad, click on Real-time log under Advanced Features. You can see the logging happening in real time
- Click on Save to save the log activities
- Copy & paste the content of the log on your PC
Then send us the logs to this email address firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll take it from there.
I’m sure that with your collaboration we’ll be able to fix this very soon.