M1 MacBooks & DJ Controller Compatibility

I’m considering purchasing a new MacBook Air M1 so that I can switch from iOS DJay Pro AI to the new Mac version. Currently I’m using an iPad Air 4 and a Vestax VCI-400 midi controller. This controller works perfectly with iOS DJay Pro AI. According to the Algoriddim website this controller is natively supported on both iOS and Mac OS. Is there anyone that can confirm this controller is working properly with DJay Pro AI on the new M1 Macs? Thank you.

Also I’d be interested to hear if anyone is experiencing any compatibility issues with other controllers and the new M1 Macs. Thanks.

Hi @Slak_Jaw,

Thanks for contacting us.

Controller manufacturers, like Pioneer, have yet to release drivers compatible with macOS Big Sur.

However, the Vestax VCI400 is class-compliant with Mac and iOS. You won’t need to install a driver on it, so you shouldn’t have any issues with it.

If you have any other questions, please contact us again.

1 Like

Hi Guillermo,

Thank you for the quick response. I was hoping that was the case because I have never had to install drivers for it on my old Mac. Thanks again for your help.

1 Like

I am trying to install it on a M1 Mac mini. It installs ok but I can’t seem to be able to log in. I think is because my Os is in Spanish

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.