MacOs file names are sometimes not recognized

macOS Monterey 12.2.1
dJay Pro AI 3.1.10

Whether in Videos, Library, My Files or drag-and-drop from the Finder to a Playlist, djay Pro will not recognize my chosen file name for some files but will for others. I uninstalled/reinstalled and the problem persists.

MP4 video files so is this an issue with metadata? If so, how do I fix it so I don’t have to manually change that info for hundreds of files?

Help please, thanks.

screen recording: djayProScreen Recording 2022-02-18 at 9.42.46 PM.mov - Google Drive

Added: My workaround to trying to organize by filename is to add to playlists then manually re-order. Annoying but it’s a workaround until the app properly recognizes filenames.

Hi @VJ-EYE,

Welcome to our Community, and thanks for reporting this issue. Your screen recording was very helpful to understand what you’ve run into.

Could you please tell me if, when you right-click and select “Get Info” for any of the files listed in the Finder folder, for the files where djay isn’t detecting the correct title does it show a mismatch for the “Title” and the “Name & Extension” fields, as shown in this screenshot?

Screenshot 2022-02-24 at 18.07.29

Thanks in advance for the additional information!

They are the same for all files. No mismatch. I’m guessing the alt titles are from MP4 metadata but I really don’t want to change that for a lot of files. It would be useful to be able to edit that info in djay Pro.

Thanks for that information. Could you please share a folder with some of the files that you showed in your video when this issue occurred?

If possible, please drop a folder with a few of the mp4 files that displayed properly and a few that didn’t in djay here. Just let me know when you’ve done so, and then I can further troubleshoot this with you. Thanks in advance!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.