Make the Hercules DJControl Starlight Cue Volume Knob MIDI mappable

• Device model iPhone 15
  • Version of operating system iOS 17.6.1
  • Version of djay 5.2.3
  • Hardware/controllers used Hercules Dj Starlight

Hello, I have an issue with the Hercules Dj starlight controller. I’m trying to map an additional function to the headphones volume knob and when I go to midi mapping settings and turn the knob, it is not detected from Djay Pro as the other buttons are. I contacted Hercules support and they said that even though the main volume knob and the headphones volume knob are hardware tied (meaning they will always control the volume), they are still midi mappable.
My computer on Djuced software that I tried can detect them but Djay Pro on iOS refuses.

Could you help me?

It can’t and can be done,
What does that mean you ask?
Well Djay Pro’s mapping for the Starlight doesn’t have that knob mapped but if you ask for it in future updates they may be able to implement it, although I think it would be highly unlikely for this to happen unless you have hundreds of Starlight users asking for this,
Alternatively, if you are able to edit the XML file (Which unless you know what you are doing it’s not advised) you can edit it to have this feature.

I asked the same question for various buttons and knobs for the Denon Prime Go and that’s the answer I got

That is so unfortunate. It really is so easy for Djay to make these buttons mappable. I don’t see why 100 people have to come here and request that. Most of the people do not use forums. They test their devices and the software, if it works it works. If it doesn’t, they simply sell the device and get a new one or they change software.

I do agree with you and there is a Vote section on this forum and I suppose if enough people vote on it, They would probably implement it,
Having said that, There are more important issues with the software that users have been asking for over the years that never get implemented,

Hi @GP_NS, I’ve changed this topic from a Bug Report to a Suggestion and passed this onto the dev team for consideration. Thanks.