Making a backup?

How do i make a backup of djay pro ai?

Might be a newb question. Im on a mac.

Thanks!

Hi @MrG,

1. On macOS I recommend you do a full system backup using Time Machine or other backup solution that allows you to revert your entire system to a previous version. This way you can roll back to a previous version of djay Pro if necessary.
  2. I also recommend that you make a copy of your djaymedialibrary database and store it in the cloud or on an external drive. This file contains all of your saved hot cues, loops, My Collection playlists and other data.
  3. You can find this file here: https://help.algoriddim.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014912211
2 Likes

What’s the process for iOS IPad?:pray:

@Five-0

1. Performing a full iOS backup to a computer using iTunes/Music is your best option. There may be others, but this is what I personally use. It’s a good idea to copy this backup file to an external location, or at least different folder location, to prevent it from being overwritten with the your next backup (there are plenty of tutorials on how to do this if you Google it).
  2. Note that if you only use iCloud backups only, these are typically done automatically so your backups will be overwritten regularly and you will lose the ability to rollback to a previous version of djay. Hence point #1 above.
  3. I recommend you also Turn Off Automatic updates for your Apps and OS so you are in control of when these updates occur. The last thing you want is an automatic update right before an import gig.
  4. The djayMediaLibrary database on iOS can be located using the Files App under On My iPad/iPhone>djay>User Data. I personally manually copy this to my iCloud, but you could also connect an external drive and copy it there.
1 Like

:pray:. That worked perfect.

You’re welcome @Five-0. Glad that worked.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.