Managing music collection with external hard disk

Hi all,

I just bought Djay app on my ipad and i did try on my pioneer ddj-rev7 and it works well.
But now i need your help because all my music (crates) are on external hard drive and this was the way i managed my gig with serato.
I would like to import all my crates from my hard drive to the djay app but i did check the manual but i’m a little bit confused on how to do it.

What is the best way to import crates ?

I have a lot of crates / files so the files needs to stay on the hard disk because i don’t have enough space on my ipad to import locally all the files.

Many thanks

Martin

Maybe this is an approach: https://www.atgr.nl

1 Like

Thank you very much for this tip
I will go to see how it works

Hey @Martin_Clement ,

Welcome and thank you for asking this question here in the Community :slight_smile:

Regarding djay’s ability to import crates specifically into the music library, this is a current feature of djay Pro AI for Mac, but is not yet possible on djay Pro AI for iOS/iPadOS.

At the moment the best way we can suggest for doing this is the following workaround:

You can use a 3rd party tool like the DJ Conversion Utility, found here: DJ Conversion Utility (DJCU) for macOS - And The Groove Remains Production Team. You could use this tool to export your crates to iTunes and then use the standard iTunes - to- iOS sync process.

So once the files are on your iOS device via iTunes, these should appear in djay.

I hope that’s helpful for you!