Manually set BPM metadata for Fluid Beatgrid

Is it possible to manually override the BPM metadata in the library when using a fluid beatgrid? Example here is Queens’ Don’t Stop Me Now which runs at 156bpm when the beat kicks in and where my first cue point is for mix in, but is shown as 165bpm in the library so gets filtered out when I’m using a smart playlist based on a BPM range 150 to 160.

Agreed, it would be useful to have the ability to set the browser BPM (which is an average) from a particular point in a track - as per your example.

The average may be 165 but that doesn’t tell you what the BPM is at the start.

Being able to “unlock” the browser BPM from affecting the grid, or being able to set it to a BPM at a particular location would make sense.

1 Like

@PKtheDJ and @Rob_Grimes it is not currently possible to override the BPM metadata value. However, I have changed this topic from a Question to a Suggestion and have forwarded this to the dev team for consideration. As always, please use the blue Vote button at the top left of the page so we can gauge user demand for this. Thanks!

Yes please, this would be useful.

As an open format wedding DJ I’ve curated playlists with songs organised manually by the BPM of the intros that I use to mix in with.

As mentioned, songs with variable tempos have now been averaged, which means my previous lists are out in some places as the average BPM isn’t the same as the intro.

So for example I have “The Grease Megamix” (don’t judge!!) in amongst other songs in the range of 105 to 110, as it has an intro of 107 BPM.

However the new analysis has changed the displayed average BPM to 125 and so no longer fits in that category.

Being able to manually change the displayed BPM value and associated metadata would be fantastic in labeling my collection by the BPM of the intro or outro, which makes more sense, as these are the places we mix to and from, rather than a less useful average figure.

:joy::+1:t3:

Good point. I prefer the Throwdown mix though. :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.