Map Echo out of just vocals on 1 button

• Device model iPad Pro 11" 2022
  • Version of operating system 17.5
  • Version of djay 5.2
  • Hardware/controllers used Reloop Mixon 8

is there a way to map to 1 button an effect that echos out the vocals from a track?

thanks

Yes, that works. In my case, I used the controller’s performance pads.
I have permanently set the Manuel FX 3 with a corresponding Echo Out. Then I adjusted the mapping accordingly:

1. Assign FX 3 to Vocals
  2. Activate FX 3

These are two different actions that you have to configure one after the other to one button, i.e. first one, then duplicate the action and then assign the second action to the duplicate.

1 Like

Also as well if you look to edit instant effects you’ll see one that is specifically echo vocal. I map my stems and have neural mix effects second pad row just like in serato. Pretty neat.

1 Like

You can also do this, but then you are more closely tied to the parameters that are specified for the respective FX. For example, I only have Echo Out 1/2 and Echo Out 3/4 for the Instant FX, which can be applied to stems. I personally prefer Echo Out 1 at this point and the only option is to use manual FX. And there I can also set it completely differently if I want to.
If you are happy with the parameters of the Instant FX, this would certainly be a little easier than the way I have described.

1 Like

I get you. I’ve also mapped top buttons on rev 5 when using shift to only effect vocals, harmony or drums so when using software effects can have more control over parameters. Mixon 8 has those conditions already pre mapped.