Mapping xdj xz?

Hey is there any mapping for the xdj xz with djay AI? It is working like a basic machine … how to make the AI work on the faders? And if there is a mapping anyone know how to change it? Thanks

Hi @DJ_ROODY_Official,

Thanks for posting this question in the Algoriddim Community.

The XDJ-XZ is natively supported on djay PRO AI for Mac. Could you please follow the Controller Troubleshooting Guide. Make sure you have the driver installed and also make sure you’re using djay with this controller in external mixer mode. You’ll find this option in the audio device settings in djay. To open the audio settings on djay Pro AI for Mac, press and , there go to Devices.
Please note that external mixers sometimes have knobs/faders that do not send MIDI signals. This is why djay can not react to the changes on the crossfader. I believe this also occurs in the EQ of this controller. That’s why you may not be able to remap the EQ to another MIDI action. These knobs are solely changing the audio through hardware audio signal processing.

You can find more information here:

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers, G

HI Guys, I have successfully mapped some neural controls to the pads but as suggested the eq knobs will not control the AI mix, just normal Hi. Lo etx, I have however invested in the Midifighter twister as an add on controller and its a gamechanger.

1 Like

This matter with the lack of synchronization with the midi mixer is simply disappointing… I don’t understand why Virtual DJ works properly including stems on all faders including knobs, but in the djay system, it doesn’t work.
I’m not going to part with my controller and these functions are critical for me.

Hey @oreyanomatic - Sorry for the delayed reply!

Could you please elaborate more on what you mean by the “lack of synchronization with the midi mixer?” We would love to help, but we will need more information.

What specifically isn’t working for you? As many details as possible would be most appreciated.

Looking forward to hearing back! :slight_smile:

It doesnt work with xdjs midi control and mapping from online are very bad

1 Like

Today, I use the X DJ XZ controller but I cannot control my stems with the mixer, because the faders and knobs are not recognized in Midi. this controller has a particularity: there are two midi mappings: xdj-xz (1) which will manage the entire button pads pitch bend part…AND the xdj-xz mapping (2) which only manages the signals sent by the table part mixing. and that is the problem ! Because in djay, we cannot select this second mapping which does exist. Indeed, in rekordbox, when you want to personalize the xdj-xz mapping, you must absolutely choose the xdj-xz(2) mapping to be able to control the mixer part. To resolve the problem, the algoriddim team would simply have to give us access to this mapping. It’s a shame not to be able to access this functionality because the software is GREAT!! Thanks for your feedback.

Any updates for this? Just picked up a Mixon 8 and sadly the build quality is no where near Pioneer’s XDJ-XZ. Would prefer to use the pioneer kit as is similar to whats in the DJ booths 95% of the clubs!