Match list not being properly created

DJ Pro AI v4.1.9, MacOS Ventura 13.4.1

1. When the ‘Match’ sidebar is set to pull from ‘Music’, the list of matches is limited to (presumably the best) 24 tracks. This behavior is consistent with the description in the manual. However, when the sidebar is set to pull from ‘My Collection’, the list of matches contains hundreds of entries in every key.

2. I have my key display set to ‘Numerical (1A / 1B)’, which I assume is the equivalent of the Camelot Wheel used in Mixed In Key. The description of the Camelot Wheel states that appealing mixes can be made to the same key number (example, 2B), adjacent key numbers on the same key wheel (1B, 3B), or to the same key number on the other wheel (2A). However, the match list seems to not follow this. An example is that for a 2B track, the matches are listed for 2B and 7A tracks, despite my library containing plenty of 1B, 3B, and 2A tracks of the same BPM range and energy level. Is DJ Pro AI using a different numerical matching method? If so, where can I find a description of the theory for matches?

1 Like

Nearing a month now since posting this without any response…

1 Like

Nearing two months now since posting this without any response…

1 Like

Have you tried submitting a support ticket through the djay app?

Hi @djsteve,

Thank you for being so patient, as we have been answering a higher-than-normal influx of support inquiries during this busy summer season.

Regarding your Track Match issue:

Our QA team has not been able to reproduce this issue in the latest version of djay, v4.1.10, while on macOS Ventura.

Did you find this issue initially in v4.1.9, or was it prevalent in a previous version, such as v4.1.8 or v4.1.7 as well?

Regarding your Key Display issue:

1. Where are these matched tracks being fetched from? Tidal, iTunes, Locally stored, etc?
  2. What are some of the songs in question which we can further test to see if this is a universal issue?
  3. Have you found that this issue was resolved in the latest version of djay?

Thank you once more for your patience, as I understand this can be very frustrating. Looking forward to hearing back from you. Have a nice day.

Our QA team has not been able to reproduce this issue in the latest version of djay, v4.1.10, while on macOS Ventura.

I originally reported for v4.1.9, and having since updated can confirm that the problem remains in v4.1.10. See video illustrating here:

Match list incorrect for My Collection

Regarding your Key Display issue:

1. Where are these matched tracks being fetched from? Tidal, iTunes, Locally stored, etc?
  2. What are some of the songs in question which we can further test to see if this is a universal issue?
  3. Have you found that this issue was resolved in the latest version of djay?
  1. Fetched from locally stored tracks (My Collection and/or Apple Music categories)
  2. All songs. Note that my question is about the key match suggestions, not key display. I am questioning why the suggested tracks are not of the correct numerical format keys as defined by the Camelot key system. Please review my original description, and view the above video for documentation of the issue.
  3. The problem persists in the latest version of DJay v4.1.10

Looking forward to your responses and resolution. If you need additional information please let me know.

@NathanielAlgo Another month now since immediately posting requested follow up info without any response…

1 Like

Yet another month with only silence. I’ve immediately replied with the requested info, even posted links to videos demonstrating the problem to help aid understanding. Please help!

@NathanielAlgo @Slak_Jaw

@NathanielAlgo
@Slak_Jaw

Hi @djsteve,

Thank you so much for your continued patience as our teams have been working on this behind the scenes.

Fortunately, we were able to reproduce this issue, and it is under continued investigation.

As of right now, we are creating documentation regarding these two inquiries, which will be shared on the Mac portion of our Support page under “How djay Pro AI Works” and posted as an update in this thread when ready.

Additionally, we’ve created a Zendesk ticket for you so that we can gather some additional system information from your Mac+djay. I will DM you regarding next steps, so please be on the lookout for that message.

Thank you again for your patience; talk soon!

1 Like

Hi @djsteve try to create playlist in your collection and then use the match feature from here.

This works for me, more or less.

I wish there were more options, like being able to select the source from which you want it to suggest, or by genre for example but this way it seemed to work better than from the files imported from the Mac.

1 Like