I’d like to suggest adding MIDI commands to be able to open/close the screen elements of the TOOLS view. This would make the djay Pro interface adaptive/responsive and tightly connect the experience of the hardware with the software.
For example, if I press the Hot Cue button, the Hot Cues should show in the Tools view.
Here’s a Before and After example:
Normal Deck View (BEFORE)
(AFTER) Pressing Hot Cue button
The MIDI commands might look something like this:
- Deck 1 | Toggle Tools
– (current command is under General and toggles ALL Decks)
- Deck 1 | Tools - Open Cue Points
- Deck 1 | Tools - Open Saved Loops
- Deck 1 | Tools - Open Pitch Cues
- Deck 1 | Tools - Open Slices
- Deck 1 | Tools - Open Manual FX
- Deck 1 | Tools - Open Instant FX
- Deck 1 | Tools - Open Pad FX
- I’m specifically asking for the TOOLS view, because it works in both macOS and iOS. More importantly TOOLS is the main iOS interface.
- I think this would address the complaint of Jamie at Crossfader when he reviewed the Reloop Buddy. He mentioned that the experience between hardware/software was disconnected because the software did not respond to the hardware selections.
- Rekordbox does this very nicely!
- It’s also in-line with the idea that djay Pro is user-friendly for the average user.
Other VIEW OPTIONS under TOOLS view: