I haven’t updated in months and felt strong to try but it’s f* my system. Using an IPad Pro and a Denon MC4000. It keeps dropping my personalised midi setup and then the right pitchfader stops working completely. If I try to change it I risk a complete crash. Super annoying. Pls u gotta fix this asap.
I have to say, I’ve been using Djay for several years now and it’s extremely frustrating that post updates things that used to work just fine, happen to not work anymore. I‘m using Djay in a professional context and reliability is key! Maybe you can develop an update system, in which it is clear, that the new update will be pretty much bug free. I can not afford to beta test at gigs and will be needing to switch, if this doesn’t change.
Hi @Fresh27, sorry for the late reply and for the issues you’re experiencing. I’d love to try to help you troubleshoot the issues and see if we can come up with a work around or quick fix.
- First, have you submitted an official support ticket through the app under Settings>Contact Support? This helps us collect specifics about your particular setup which helps troubleshooting.
- Before the update, did you do a full system backup via iTunes/Music or iCloud?
- Are you running the latest iOS as well as the latest djay Pro AI?
- Please close djay Pro AI along with all other apps, disconnect your MC4000 and perform a Force Restart of your iPad. Force restart iPad - Apple Support
- After the restart, please follow this connection procedure for your MC4000. https://help.algoriddim.com/hc/en-us/articles/4415866238482-How-do-I-connect-a-DJ-MIDI-controller-to-my-iPhone-or-iPad-
- If you’re still having issues after this, can you please provide a screen shot of the Settings>MIDI Devices>MIDI DEVICES>Denon MC4000>MIDI CONFIGURATION>Denon MC4000> window?