MIDI Mapping for the DDJ XP2

Need a a midi mapping for my ddj xp2 for my Mac

Hi @Temi_Siyanbola, you might want to check out the community topic below. It looks like the user who created the post found a MIDI Mapping for this. You might also want to check this website for MIDI Mappings: https://maps.djtechtools.com/

Also, here’s a quick guide for creating your own MIDI Mappings on macOS:

hi, I think this is a common issue in. Djay Pro bc I tried mapping my ddj xp2 for sampler and It didn’t quite work

Hi @Temi_Siyanbola, I’ve moved your comment from the other topic to this one to keep the conversation organized. If you explain in more detail what’s not quite working with your MIDI Mapping, I might be able to help you out. I don’t have access to this particular hardware, but I do have a lot of experiencing mapping different controllers.

its not that big of a problem but I programmed the pad mode 2 button to switch on sampler but every time a press it shows the samples on my screen which isn’t what how I would prefer it to be. and I can’t manage to get a bunch of features to work on it like the fx slide.

A quick video and/or some screenshots might help to describe your issue. I’m not sure I 100% understand what you’re explaining. If you’d like to capture a video explaining the issue, upload it to your Google Drive/Dropbox, enable sharing permissions, then share a link to the video here, I can probably help you to improve your mapping.

@Temi_Siyanbola, please enable sharing permissions so I can access the video.

ok, I’ve enabled it for u

Thanks @Temi_Siyanbola. So you do not want want the screen to change when you press the Pad Mode 2 button? Can you share a screenshot of how you’ve got this button MIDI mapped currently? You could probably just delete the mapping for that button. You do not need to be in the Sampler View Mode to be able to trigger the samples on the controller. So there’s no reason to map this if you don’t want the display mode to change.

Yeah just delete that MIDI Command

ok, thanks helps alot.

You’re welcome @Temi_Siyanbola