MIDI Mapping Turntable Power On/Off Button

I have DJ Pro for iPad (I have an iPad Air 4th Gen (iPadOS 16.6.1)). When I hit Play / Pause when a track is playing the track stop quickly (half a second). If you’re in DJ Pro Classic View and you press the power button you get the slow slowdown effect of a DJ cutting power to one of the decks.

I want to map a button on my Pioneer DDJ-FLX4 controller to do this but not sure what the action is. If I select Deck 1 and the Target I can’t see anything that looks like it would be the deck power button.

Can anyone help please?

Please don’t forget when making new topics to answer the questions in our preloaded template.

This helps all of our community moderators provide the most effective support to users with the utmost efficiency. Thanks!

• Device model:
  • Version of operating system:
  • Version of djay:
  • Hardware/controllers used:

Summary of the issue:

How to reproduce the issue:

Hi @Sparkomatic,

1. Go to Settings>General>PLAY/PAUSE>Stop Time and set it to the desired value to achieve the vinyl brake effect you want.

So, with Technics 1200 turntables you press the stop button and you get the vinyl break effect but if you switch the turntable power off switch the vinyl slows down slowly over a fair few seconds.

In DJ Pro classic view you can press the play/pause button and you get the quick break effect but if you press the power on/off button you get the slow slowdown effect just like the Technics. I’d like to know what the name of the power on off button in DJ Pro is called so I can map this to a button on my DDJ-FLX4 controller. Any ideas?

Hi @Sparkomatic, thanks for clarifying that you want both the shorter stop time from Play/Pause and the longer one from Turntable Power On/Off.

1. The MIDI command for this is called Brake Transition FX.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.