Missing Neural Mix Crossfader Effects on Djay Pro

Hi everyone,

I’m experiencing an issue with Djay Pro where I can’t see all the Neural Mix crossfader effects. I have the latest version of Djay Pro (5.2), but only a few effects are available to me.

Here are the Neural Mix effects I can’t see:

• Neural Mix (Vocal Sustain)
  • Neural Mix (Harmonic Sustain)
  • Neural Mix (Drum Swap)
  • Neural Mix (Drum Cut)

And these are the effects I currently have:

• Echo
  • Dissolve
  • Tremolo
  • Lunar Echo
  • Riser
  • Sweep
  • Hydrant
  • Shuffle
  • Fade
  • Filter
  • EQ

I’m using a MacBook Pro and a Reloop Mixon 8 Pro. I’ve checked my subscription and it should include all features. I’ve also ensured that my software is up-to-date and have tried reinstalling it, but the issue persists.

Could there be any settings I’m missing, or is there a platform-specific limitation I should be aware of? Any guidance or troubleshooting tips would be greatly appreciated.

atached are the only effects i can see .

Below are the effects i cant see .

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

What Mac specs do you have? You may not be running at 100% to be able to use neural mix cross fader fx.

2 Likes

Many high quality Neural Mix FX require an NPU (Neural Processing Unit) which is only available on the new Apple Silicon and Snapdragon ARM processors. If you’re using an older Intel MacBook Pro, those features won’t be available.

3 Likes

Please refer to the linked FAQs regarding hardware requirements for Neural Mix on iOS and macOS devices:

2 Likes

@Slak_Jaw @Michael_Wisniewski @Dysfunk_DJ

explanation about the requirement for an NPU on Apple Silicon M series processors makes sense. It clarifies why I am not seeing all the Neural Mix Crossfader FX on my Intel-based MacBook Pro.

Dysfunk_DJ, here are my Mac specs:

• MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
  • 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
  • Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
  • 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
  • macOS Sonoma 14.5

I also use a Reloop Mixon 8 Pro and have the latest Djay Pro version (5.2) with a PRO subscription.

Based on what Michael mentioned, it seems that the lack of an NPU in my Intel Mac is the reason for not being able to access all the Neural Mix Crossfader FX. Is there any alternative or workaround to get similar features on an Intel Mac, or is upgrading to an Apple Silicon Mac the only solution?

Thanks again for your help!

@SimpleSimon, as per the linked FAQ above, you need a M1 or better Mac.

1 Like

Thanks, Slak_Jaw. I’ll consider upgrading to an M1 or better Mac.

4 Likes

You’re welcome @SimpleSimon. You could also consider a modern iPad.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.