Missing songs on Apple Music via djay

Hello everyone,

I have about 347 songs in one of my Apple Music folders.

On Mac book air:
Through djay software it shows only 47 songs (via Apple Local Music).
And no folder exists via Apple Music :musical_note:

On I pad pro:
it shows 3 songs via apply Apple Local Music (white icon)
Nothing exist via Apple Music (:musical_note: red icon)

Where are all my songs.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hi @DJ_Faisal, when creating new topics, please do not forget to complete the requested information in the template for all hardware/software:

• Device model (e.g. 2020 iPad Air 4th Gen):
  • Version of operating system (e.g. macOS 14.4.1):
  • Version of djay (e.g. 5.1.2):
  • Hardware/controllers used (e.g. Reloop Mixon 8 Pro):
  1. Please also share some screenshots of this playlist from iOS djay and macOS djay and from the Apple Music app.
  2. Are these songs that you purchased (ie Local Music mp3’s) or are they from the Apple Music Streaming service?
  3. How are you syncing these songs between your Mac and your iPad?
1 Like
  • Device model :I pad pro 6th generation,12.9, version 17.4.1
    Mac book air M1, Sonoma 14.2.1
  • Version of djay version 5.1.6
    Reloop Mixon 8 Pro

All songs are in Apple Music folder named ‘ Saadzikra’ there are songs that I have purchased in iTunes as I buy all my music through iTunes. There are 347 songs in the folder but songs are not showing up through djay.

Hi @DJ_Faisal, thanks for the hardware/software details and the screenshot. How are you transferring this music onto your iPad? Are you using iTunes/Music on your Mac and connecting your iPad with a wired connection and then syncing the playlist? Please describe your workflow in detail. Thanks!

1 Like

I am just creating playlists on Apple Music and then try to play through the djay app. Like I was in Tidal. Connecting I Pad via usb as usual using a hub.

I do buy music from I Tunes also.

I am not sure of syncing.

You need to sync your local music library (purchased iTunes songs) on your Mac with your iPad. The best way to do this is by connecting your iPad to your Mac with a wired connection. See below:

1 Like

Please refer to this article regarding the differences between Apple Music, the Music App and iTunes:

1 Like

I see I think mynPrchased music do show up in djay.

What about Apple Music ?

Please see the article above…

1 Like

Thank you I read the article was helpful in understanding.

I did try to Sync I Pad and Mac book air.

Still the same issue… just few songs are populating through djay.

Hi @DJ_Faisal, perhaps you can try to make a new playlist (with a new name) in the iTunes/Music app on your Mac and add the same songs from the original playlist. Delete the old playlist and then try syncing again.

1 Like

I created a new folder with a new name and delete the previous file.
Mac book air: Now it’s showing 94 songs via local music in djay.
I pad pro: it’s showing 6 songs via Apple Music in djay.

Is there a way to correctly Sync djay and Apple Music.

So I made another playlist by adding each song one at a time, and after 25 songs I checked and Djay only recognized 6 songs.

Okay, thanks for the follow up @DJ_Faisal. This is very strange. I’m going to forward this to the engineering team to see if they can replicate the issue and offer any suggestions. I suspect that this may be and Apple OS or iTunes/Music related issue, so you may want to also contact Apple Support in the meantime to see if they have any suggestions. I’ll report back here when I have news. Thanks!

1 Like

@Slak_Jaw Even updated Mac OS, logged out then logged in Apple Music. My other playlists look fine. Thanks for helping out.

1 Like

Very strange. You’re welcome. Sorry, I can’t think of anything else to suggest at the moment so we’ll have to wait for feedback from engineering. Have you tried reaching out to Apple support yet?

1 Like

@Slak_Jaw Yes I reached out Apple support twice. They could not figure out and were taking too much of my time.

1 Like