Mixed in Key, metadata and Djay Pro AI

Hey Djay Pro family!

I buy my music from Beatport and Bandcamp (mainly) then analyse it using Mixed in Key. I then add the BPM, Key (camelot) and any comments in a piece of software called Meta for Mac.

When I import these songs into Djay Pro AI does it then re-analyse the songs for BPM and Key information? I’ve notice some discrepancies and have had to go in and manually edit the bpm/key on some tracks in a playlist.

A supplementary question: is there any way to export cue points, beat grids etc. from Djay Pro AI to Rekordbox?

cheers,

Jools
Vancouver, BC

1 Like

Hi @Kpod21,

1. Yes, djay Pro AI analyzes the key and BPM separately from any other pre-analysis done with other software. If you’re using MIK, I suggest you adjust the settings to also have it right the key as a prefix to the artist name. Then you can have the option of using its analysis or djay’s.
  2. Yes, there are a few 3rd party software options that can export your saved hot cues, saved loops and playlists to Rekordbox. I personally have used DJ Conversion Utility. There’s also Rekord Buddy, MIXO, Rekordcloud and Lexicon.
    Rekordcloud & MIXO Apps Bring New DJ Library Conversion Tools

Great solutions, thanks Slak_Jaw for your quick response! Just to add I enjoy using Djay Pro a million times more than Rekordbox. Wish Pioneer gear wasn’t the ‘industry standard’ - it’s so buggy on my Mac (and they still don’t support Sonoma).

3 Likes

You’re welcome @Kpod21

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.