Mixon 8 Pitch range issue

• Device model: iPad Pro 11 latest gen
  • Version of operating system: latest
  • Version of djay: latest
  • Hardware/controllers used: Mixon 8

hello me again. Testing a Mixon 8. As I put in the title, I have an issue with the pitch range control it intermittently works. I press the shift button. I press the pitch range button and sometimes I need to press it twice for it to change sometimes once sometimes it doesn’t go from 8 to 10 to 16 etc. Sometimes it will stop at 50% and go back to eight . Anyone have this issue worked on the left deck but then I restarted everything and both decks now have the problem

Hi again @Nubium, mine work as expected.

1. You could double check the MIDI Mappings for both decks and share screenshots with the Advanced Tab expanded.
  2. Based on your description, this sounds like a hardware issue. Are you running the latest firmware from Reloop? I would also contact the Reloop tech support team to see if there are any known issues with these buttons.

On further testing, the midi mapping works fine on my iPad but it’s actually the jog screens where the pitch range isn’t always changing. I have not checked to see about the latest firmware for the controller. I’ll do that now.

The jog wheel screens not changing to match the correct pitch also sounds like a hardware issue.

it was the latest update. I updated it again anyways.

if this is a hardware problem… this is the second Mixon 8 I am trying the first had an issue with the performance pads kind of sticking , not sure if you would remember that was about a month ago.

After re updating the firmware the issue still happens.

Yeah I recall your button sticking. I recommend you reach out to Reloop again and explain your new issue.

In the meantime, can you try to capture a video of the jog wheel screen issue? I’d like to share it with the engineering team here as well.

just packed the Mixon away for now.

Any updates @Nubium?

Thank you so much for the nudge. I emailed reloop. They asked me to send them a video which I can do in the next couple of days. I’m away on a mini tour at the moment.

Okay great. Please share the video here as well so we can investigate further on our end. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.