Mixon 8 v DDJ-FLX10

That is so true about the Mixon 8 having problems but since the update my controller has been on piont, no more freezing, no delay with the FX, was about to kick the Mixon 8 to curb until the update…now we on good terms and rocking!!

2 Likes

Hi @Slak_Jaw I went for the Mixon 8, partly on your recommendation! So just unboxed, I updated the Reloop firmware as instructed to the latest version (V53.39). Turned deck on and it cycles through all the buttons but then just shows three dashes in the jog displays. Plugged in my iPad and it recognises it in Djay in the settings but that is it. Djay isn’t controlled by the Mixon 8. I have tried different cables and plugging into USB A and B. I also tried Djay on my Mac. Same result. I am presuming user error. But cannot work out what am I doing wrong. Any suggestions?

Hi @HenleyBranch, sounds like you need to install the firmware a second time. I had a similar issue the first time. Also, make sure you select the correct source to match which USB socket you plugged in. There are some small switches above the Gain Knobs for each channel.

EDIT: Make sure you are connected via USB cable directly to your computer, not through a USB hub, when installing the firmware.

@HenleyBranch, also make note of the small switch on the back of the unit and ensure it’s in the correct position based on which socket you plugged into.

Yes I have! It’s set to iOS with an IPad Pro M1 plugged into the USB-C. I should add that the controller is controlling the crossfader but seemingly nothing more.

@HenleyBranch and you installed the firmware a second time with a direct connection (no USB hub)?

1 Like

I did install twice. But it was your tip on the input setting switches. I just discovered they were set to phono rather than USB-A. All solved. Thank you so much @Slak_Jaw. We’re spinning!

1 Like

Excellent! You’re welcome @HenleyBranch

1 Like

That’s so disappointing. Did they allow screen unlock for VDJ?

1 Like

Usually when Atomix add support for a controller, it’s full support (everything works). There are very few exceptions.

Why is it so easy for VDJ to get all these controller screens manufacturer unlocked so fast but not algoriddim?

1 Like

Yes. Not sure how Atomix does it but it allows screen access for most controllers. Even on my XDJ-XZ it magically showed the stacked waveforms not only in the jogwheels but also on the large center display!

1 Like