Mixtour Pro: 4 Deck Toolkit — Custom MIDI Map — Uploadable

SDDE + SDVS + SDCR | 4 Deck Workflow MIDI Mapping

As requested, I’ve put together a single Mixtour Pro MIDI mapping combining three workflow modifications I’ve been developing for 4-deck use in djay Pro.

The aim is simple: more direct physical control, fewer button presses, less screen interaction, and a more intuitive 4 deck workflow — while retaining the compact simplicity of the Mixtour Pro.

SDDE — Simple Direct Deck Engagement

Provides direct physical volume control of all four decks without layer switching.

  • Decks 1 & 2 retain their normal volume faders.
  • The two GAIN knobs are repurposed as direct volume controls for Decks 3 & 4.
  • This means all four deck volumes are immediately accessible at the same time.

Trade-off: Physical gain control from those two knobs is sacrificed in exchange for direct, simultaneous volume control of all four decks.

SDVS — Simple Direct View Switching

Provides immediate access to the two views I actually use:

  • SHIFT + Left FX Select → 2-Deck Pro view
  • SHIFT + Right FX Select → 4-Deck Pro view

Instead of cycling through layouts, one press takes you directly to the required view.

Trade-off: Effectively none in my configuration, as these shifted controls were previously vacant.

SDCR — Simple Direct Cue Recall

Uses SHIFT + Right Neural Mix to recall the prepared Start Cue state, allowing the decks to be quickly returned to their predetermined starting positions and paused.

This is particularly useful when setting up, rehearsing and repeating multi-deck sequences without manually resetting each deck every time.

Trade-off: The shifted Neural Mix control is repurposed for the recall function instead of its previous mapped behaviour.

Three small changes — one integrated workflow

Rather than sharing three separate MIDI modifications and asking people to recreate them individually, I’ve combined SDDE + SDVS + SDCR into one complete Mixtour Pro mapping.

The intention isn’t to add complexity or reinvent the Mixtour Pro. It’s to make better use of the physical controls already there and reduce some of the little workflow interruptions that become noticeable when operating four decks.

I’m sharing the configuration for other Mixtour Pro users to try in real-world use. I’d particularly appreciate feedback on workflow, usability, the trade-offs, and whether these changes genuinely make 4 deck operation more intuitive.

Mapping file

Small dose of irony here: I built this around the portability of the Mixtour Pro + iPad setup… and I’ve managed to travel without the Mixtour Pro. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I’m away from home for the next two days, so I can’t export the mapping file until I’m back and can reconnect the controller.

I’ll add the downloadable configuration to this post as soon as I do.

Rick Vincent

Thanks for sharing @RickVincent. Looking forward to reviewing your mapping when you upload it.

(post deleted by author)

(post deleted by author)

Uploading: MIXTOUR_PRO_4DeckToolKit_v1.0.djayMidiMapping…

1 Like