Mixtour Pro MIDI : Possible to adjust Tempo +/- Sensitivity

I am using Windows 10 with Djay Pro 5.2.10195.0
Hardware/controllers used (Reloop Mixtour Pro Firmware 1.01)

Hi there,

Does anyone know if it is possible to adjust the MIDI Configuration on the Mixtour Pro from Djay Pro for the Tempo - and Tempo + options?

Specifically, I’d like to make the settings much less aggressive. The default value of the Tempo when adjusting the BPM of a track manually is +/- 0.2% per click which for a 123BPM track will increase the BPM to 123.5 in only two clicks (2 x +0.2% to +0.4%)

I need to be able to make MUCH finer adjustments to the tracks to be able to lock the tempo with another track when beat matching by ear.

I don’t always want to use the SYNC function, and for B2B mixing I will need to play against a track on another mixer so I need to be able to fine tune the BPM to match the external sound source.

When using SYNC the Djay software is obviously locking the beats to the very specific tempo of the other track, so the software itself is certainly not constrained to the 0.2% increase or decrease. And whilst it does do a very good job I’d still like to be able to do it manually myself.

The standard Pitch Bend isn’t too bad to be fair, not too aggressive which is good.

I did a similar thing in Traktor for my S4 MK3 to use a modifier and a rotary encoder to fine tune the BPM, more than the pitch fader was capable of. That worked really well as it happens, was well happy with that.

Thanks very much for your help.

James

Hi @James_Gillies, the “Tempo +” and “Tempo -“ precision cannot be changed in the MIDI settings for these buttons. However, if you change the “Tempo Range” in djay to 8% this will give you the smallest tempo change increments and highest precision.

Alternatively, you could try mapping an encoder to Tempo then adjust the Speed in the Adanced Control Configuration section:

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply, I know you’re on vacation at the moment, or are supposed to be!

I don’t suppose there’s a link to any documentation on how to program the MIDI controls in more depth?

I’m using Windows and I’ve tried converting the button to a Rotary - but there’s two different rotaries to choose from and it’s not clear what Channel, Note or Control, or Values I should be using to influence the behaviour of the rotary on the setting.

Anything I could take a look at that would help interpret those settings would be super helpful.

Thanks very much.

Kind regards,

James

Yes, I had already set my Tempo range to 8% for starters! :smile:

1 Like

Hi @James_Gillies, yeah I’m actually on a plane right now with decent WiFi. Here’s a link to an FAQ article:

I wasn’t suggesting you use the Rotary Type for the buttons. I’m not sure if that will yield the results you’re after. I was suggesting that you, for example, map SHIFT+Browse to Tempo or MODE+Browse.

Thanks Slak_Jaw, yes I’ve got something working with Mode + Browse - which works well for either side (deck).

And by reducing the speed down to almost nothing I can make micro adjustments with the BPM which is great.

I’ve had to sacrifice the Jog Seek function to use Tempo in place of that control. Haven’t figured out where I can re-map that… but I might re-use the button method of Tempo +/- using Shift + Mode + CUE/Play

It’s a shame you can’t specify another button as a Modifier (similar to Shift and Mode) - I was thinking the Neural Mix Toggle button on either side as it’s out of the way and there’s two of them, so you can use one per channel. (Note C2 on Channel 5+6).

Thanks again for your help!

You’re welcome. I would map the previous Tempo buttons to Skip Forward and Skip Backward.