Multi link functions

Is there any way to link multiple triggers/function together…

Ex: Say i want vinyl brake, and off stems for everything but vocals all done with 1 trigger whichever way, pads or button

1 Like

Hi @Slim89, you can use the Duplicate function within the MIDI Learn tool to map multiple commands to the same control. On iOS press and slide left on the control to reveal the duplicate option.

1 Like

I want to add the vinyl brake to neural mix while maintaining the vocals on whatever deck I’m using

You want the brake effect on the parts you’re turning off?

I can see an issue there. If you turn the parts off, there won’t be any audio to brake.

Hi @Slim89, probably the easiest way to do this is with the Manual FX and changing the assignment from Deck to Drums for the first FX Unit and to Harmonic for the second FX Unit (see below).

Yes exactly
I just want to brake everything except vocals

Hi @Slim89, if you combine both of my posts above, I believe you should be able to achieve the results you’re looking for.

EDIT: I mapped this to a performance pad on my Reloop Ready and it works as expected (see details below).

@Slim89

1. Setup your FX Unit 1 and FX Unit 2 like I showed above.
  2. Open the MIDI Learn Tool in djay
  3. Press a performance pad that you want to use.
  4. Set the Target to Deck 1
  5. Set the Action to FX 1 Enabled
  6. Use the Duplicate feature like I outlined above.
  7. Map the duplicated control to Target > Deck 1 and Action > FX 2 Enabled
  8. Now when you press this performance pad, FX Unit 1 and 2 will be enabled at the same time and the Vinyl Brake will be applied to the Drums and Harmonics, but not the Vocals.
1 Like

You can take this a step further and duplicate the same performance pad two more times and MIDI map these to:

1. FX 1 Assignment Drums
  2. FX 2 Assignment Harmonic

This will make it so you don’t have to manually change these assignments from Deck to Drums and Harmonic within the FX Menu.

So the only things you need to manually set are the FX Selection (Vinyl Brake), FX Parameter (number of BEATS) and Wet/Dry (100%).

This work but doesn’t remove the bass but I just added another with mute neural mix bass…thanks for the help​:muscle:t5::muscle:t5:

1 Like

You’re welcome @Slim89

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.