Music source again a problem

NOTE: Please use the search function above before posting to avoid creating duplicate topics.

• Device model (e.g. 2020 iPad Air 4th Gen):
  • Version of operating system (e.g. macOS 14.4.1):
  • Version of djay (e.g. 5.1.2):
  • Hardware/controllers used (e.g. Reloop Mixon 8 Pro):

Your question:

Hi im once again having an issue with the music sources which is quite serious and is stopping my ability to play.

I use tidal but a lot of my songs are showing as beatsource as the source. These ones are only playing for 1.5 minutes of the song as im not logged into beatsource so its just playing a track preview which is what beatsource does when your not logged in.

Ive tried logging in and out of beatsource and logging out of tidal, rebooting etc but nothing is working

Just updated to latest version 5.2.1 of djay and having same issue. Was hoping the update would solve this but hasnt.

Using ipad pro 12.9inch 6th Gen and ios 16.5 and reloop mixon 8

3 Likes

Hi @Ben4, thanks for the details about your setup and the issue. The 5.2.1 update should solve this issue. Please try the following:

1. Log out of TIDAL, Beatsource and any other streaming services from within the djay app.
  2. Close djay.
  3. Also log out of the stand alone TIDAL and Beatsource apps on your iPad.
  4. Perform a Forced Restart of your iPad: Force restart iPad - Apple Support
  5. Launch only djay and only log into TIDAL.
  6. Retest and if the issue persists, can you please try to capture a video of it, upload it to your Google Drive/Dropbox, enable sharing permissions, then share a link to the video here? Thanks!

Hi @Slak_Jaw,

I am facing with similar issues since ~ a week or 2.
(maybe it’s been started after 5.2 release or Tidal MQA catalog > Flac change).

Unfortunately, your proposed sequence didn’t solve it.

I can’t even log in to Beatport at the moment
(I don’t even want to), since I don’t have an active subscription, just Tidal.

The issue:
My Collection shows Beatport as the source of so many tracks therefore I can only play its crappy 2:00 preview version instead of Tidal one (which I have played many times before).

Device
Iphone 14 Pro, with latest iOS 17.6.
Latest app version 5.2.1.
Sub: TIDAL Individual + DJ Extension
Network: stable WiFi (>256Mb/s up/down with ~ 7ms latency), cellural also tried.

1 Like

Hi @ferrywhite, thanks for the details and screenshots. This is very helpful. Sorry the suggested procedure didn’t work for you. I’m unable to reproduce this on my setup so I’ve passed this onto engineering to see if they can. Will report back when I have news. Thanks!

Hi @Ben4 and @ferrywhite, please try the following workaround while engineering works on a more permanent fix:

1. Go to My Collection → Music playlist
  2. Open the Add from Library… option from the song count dropdown.
  3. Go to TIDAL and select the tracks to reimport. Ideally the tracks should be in a TIDAL playlist to make it easier to select the ones you need.
  4. You may need to restart djay in order for it to start using TIDAL tracks instead Beatsource/Beatport ones.

Hello @Slak_Jaw,

Thanks for the instructions, but no matter how I tried, it didn’t work.

It seems, there is no way in My Collection to add tracks (back) to Tidal’s playlist. The icons at the bottom of screen (which would normally allow you to select Tidal or My Collection) are only visible if the main source is set to Tidal.

So, currently the only way that I see is to search for the tracks one by one in Tidal catalog, then add them again to the same Playlist, then it will finally show Tidal as the right source for both tracks. Naturally, since they are now duplicated, so you even have to delete one of them. This is not preferred. :slight_smile:

I’m gonna rather wait for a better solution :wink:

Thanks,
Ferry

Thanks for the feedback @ferrywhite. Sorry that workaround doesn’t work for you. I’ll report back when I have news of a more permanent fix from engineering. Thanks!

Hi @ferrywhite and @Ben4, I spoke with engineering and they have resolved this issue and it should be addressed in the soon to be released djay 5.2.2 update. Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you so much, @Slak_Jaw! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

You’re welcome @ferrywhite. Happy to help!

1 Like

Thanks @Slak_Jaw!!

Awaiting the update!

1 Like

You’re welcome @Ben4

Issue solved with the update 5.2.2. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks for confirming @ferrywhite

1 Like

Hi @Ben4, please update to 5.2.2 as this issue has been resolved in the latest release. Thanks!

Have done!

Thanks @Slak_Jaw for all your help!

You’re welcome @Ben4