my Rane One Mapping 4 you

Hello Community,

this is my first post here in the forum and I would like to share my self-made Rane One Custom Midi Mapping with you.
Maybe there is a suitable idea for you to copy or adopt.

First of all, I only play relaxed techno/house music. Many years ago I learned how to DJ in real life with Technics 1210s, later also with Serato Scratch Live at many parties but also in clubs here in the city. After a few years break and testing some controller here and there, I’ve now ended up with a Rane One and use Serato and Djay Pro alternately, but have now fallen in love with the innovative neural features of Djay Pro.

So here is my description of my Rane One mapping. My way of using it may differ from yours but I’ll explain every point I mapped here, here we go.

BACK Button.
I assigned this button to quickly access the preview player. With the additional Skip button (see Parameters), this allows faster song selection.
The Back function in the Library menu tree must now be activated with the Shift key.
Load Prep is no longer available, I don’t use it.
Mapping should be done separately for both decks.

SLIP Button
My favorite function,
Toggle Neural Mix EQ, I love it.
I would have preferred to use the Censor button for this, also because of the better visible red LED, unfortunately the censor button is deactivated after every song change, despite the mapping. I don’t really use Slip, but you can turn it on and off in the software. Mapping per deck.

Now we come to the effects in the center. I use three effects per deck, 1. Echo Out, 2. Echo and 3 can be assigned multiple times, but I’ll explain this in the BEAT control section.
I generally use FX very discreetly and sparingly.

TAP Button
Nobody uses this button, do they? That’s why I have the function FX1-3 switch to Acapella Neural FX on both decks 1&2.
With additional Shift the FX bar is shown or hidden for more space on the screen.

BEAT Encoder
A lot happens here, but in principle the knob is only responsible for controlling FX3.
On FX3 it makes sense to use the FX favorites function, I usually only have Flanger or Reverb stored here, unfortunately Djay Pro does not save this assignment to favorites after a restart :frowning:
Turn knob - sets the parameter of FX3.
Shift + turn knob - selects the effect for FX3, if you don’t select favorites here you can scroll through all available effects, with favorites only through these. Unfortunately, you have to switch to the favorites list after each restart.
Press the encoder- all FX1-3 on both decks 1&2 activate the Neural FX Instrumental assignment.
The parameters for FX1&2 follow in the Sample Bank section.

PARAMETER left/right Buttons
left activates Key Match.
right - Skip Preview Player, belongs to the BACK button.
The BACK button pops up the preview player on the selected track in the library, with PARAMETER right you skip through this track, quick, simple and easy.
Shift + left and Shift + right for
shifting the Downbeat left or right on the fly.
The grid recognition since V5 is really phenomenal but the downbeat, the 1 is sometimes still not right. Corrected super fast with my assignment here, do the mapping here of course separately for each deck.

ROLL Bank
I have to admit that I hardly ever use all the performance pads, so I found a practical assignment here.
The top row has been assigned to the usual Stems tracks Neural Mix Mute.
The bottom row is for jumping within the track, i.e. beat jumping. The two lower outer buttons for jumping, the inner ones for setting the jump steps (jump 1 bar, 4 bars etc.)

SAMPLER Bank
This is where the FX are controlled. Pad 1 and 2 above for parameters plus and minus FX1.
Pad 3 and 4 for parameter FX2.
As described above, I have Echo Out and Echo here, as 1/2 or 1 usually fits best anyway.
The bottom row doubles the function of the BEAT Encoder. Here you can select FX3 again with pads 1 and 4 or the parameter with the inner pads 2 and 3.

The assignment of the pads is also separate for each Deck. I have selected a few suitable LED colors for myself, codes and colors are in the screenshot.
Tip: When mapping in a Min field for the LED color, simply start with 1 and step up to 127 with the small arrow up keys, so you can easily search through all colors and select them.

That’s it so far, have fun with it.
For my next post I have planned a collection of bugs and change requests, Algoriddim get warm :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hi @Fritsch_Omat, welcome to the community! Thanks for sharing your mapping.

Great 1st post,
I too have heavily mapped my Rane One which includes the possibility of using it as a 4 deck controller,
A few of you maps I have done as well but I used the Censor button to toggle Neural/Eq mainly for the light on the button

At first I had also mapped the Censor Button, but it deactivates itself after every song change despite new mapping. Is that not the case with you, or do you only activate it spradically?
I would like to have NeuralMix EQ activated almost permanently

1 Like

No it doesn’t deactivate for me,
The only thing I would like and has been documented is if the EQ setting doesn’t reset after switching from EQ to Neural EQ,

I would also like the EQ screen to remember its last setting after shutting down the app.
I use the iPad in Vertical mode and every time I start the app, I have to touch the EQ button on the iPad to reveal the EQ dials

Hi , @maurizio_T
thanks for your reply, i have just remapped the Censor button to Neural Mix EQ Toggle after reading your post. As soon as I press the Track Load encoder, the red LED on the Censor button goes out, but Neural Mix EQ remains activated.
Probably only on Mac OS but not on iPad.
(goes on my bug list)

1 Like

Yes you are correct, the light does go out when you change tracks but the Neural EQ remains activated… It also remain activated after you shut down the app