Need more info about the One Deck interface

Recently I started using the One Deck interface mode and noticed the Start and End buttons on the right side of the screen. What are these for?
(I’ve attached a screenshot with the buttons I’m asking about enclosed in a red rectangle.)

See manual

page 59 Chapter 5.2.2. Single deck view

Those buttons should be for setting “Automix start/end points

When you use automix see chapter 4.6. If you set those cue points you can use them in automix mode.

Thanks for that information. Are these Automix start/end points only used in Automix mode? Basically, are the start/end points distinct from general cue points?

Hi @Will_Fiveash,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to the djay community!

Additionally, thank you to @dj_romy_fi for the help!

They are correct in this being for the “Automix” function, and you are correct in the idea that the start and end buttons determine where tracks will begin to fade in/out and are separate from the traditional cue points.

I hope this information is helpful and if you have any other questions, comments, or concerns feel free to reach back out to us!

One last thing regarding cue points. It would be good to have a section in the Djay manual that describes all the cue point types and how they differ in use. For example, it seems to me that the general start cue point, which is used when initially loading a track in normal dj’ing mode (not automix) to specify the start point of a track, is not a member of the set of the 8 general cue points. Having this spelled out in the manual would be helpful.

1 Like

Thanks again @Will_Fiveash,

This is a great suggestion, and we appreciate the feedback! I will be happy to pass this along for future consideration in regard to edits to our user manual!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.