Neural Mix EQ on channel 3 and 4 instead of 1 & 2

Hi,
Midi mapping question, so that I can use my EQ’s on channels one and two while I’m playing music through them and control the levels with neural mix on channel 3&4 eqs. How can I map neural mixing mix eqs to channel 3&4. Does that make sense ?

Hi @Nubium, I’m guessing that you are using a 4 deck DJ controller like the Mixon 8 Pro. If I understand you correctly, you want the Deck 1 and 2 EQ knobs to control normal EQ functions. Plus you want the Deck 3 and 4 EQs to control the Neural Mix EQs from Deck 1 and 2 as well. If that’s the case, then it’s pretty easy to achieve this.

1. Within the MIDI Learn Tool, turn the Deck 3 High EQ knob.
  2. Be sure to change the Target from Deck 3 to Deck 1
  3. Next you want to change the Action from High EQ to Neural Mix EQ (3ch: Vocals)
  4. Then to the same for Mid EQ>Neural Mix EQ (3ch: Harmony), and Low EQ>Neural Mix EQ (3ch: Drums).
  5. Then repeat this for Deck 4 / Deck 2.
1 Like

You can also assign the controls on your mixer or controller to other decks and then use them to control Neural Mix, but you will lose the option of using them for their original function on the respective decks. You will have to decide for yourself how useful this is.
What exactly do you want to achieve with this or why do you want to do it this way? Isn’t it easier to use a button to switch between EQ/neural mix?

Am I able to turn on and off this neural mix mapping like I can already with neural mix on and off on the EQ? Some makes sense? Basically, if I set up this mapping, I want to be able to turn it on and off. At the moment, I just press the tap button and it turns neural Mix on the EQ on and off.

No. This method will override the Deck 3 and 4 EQ functionality to now control Deck 1 and 2 Neural Mix. You cannot with this method toggle them ON/OFF. It’s not possible with the existing MIDI commands in djay to achieve a toggle on Deck 3/4 like you are describing.

1 Like

If you do not normally DJ with 3 or 4 Decks, then overriding the Deck 3/4 EQs to control Deck 1/2 Neural Mix is a good method. I have done this on many of my custom MIDI mappings in the past. However, if you do like to mix with 3 or 4 Decks then this probably isn’t going to work out well because you essentially lose your Deck 3/4 EQs. You could perhaps put those EQs on a SHIFT+ layer and use “Pick-up Mode”.

There are times when I want to control neural mix and control EQ on channels one and two.

I don’t normally DJ with Decks three and four however, sometimes I do have a sex player playing with me that goes into one of those channels. I don’t quite understand what you say about shift layer, but couldn’t I use that shift Layer To control neural mix?

SHIFT + layer is simply using the SHIFT button on your controller while turning the EQ knob. MIDI Mapping the SHIFT + layer is basically the same as mapping the regular layer except you hold down the SHIFT button on your controller while moving the EQ knob. You could put the Neural Mix EQs for Deck 1/2 on the SHIFT layer if you like. That might make your MIDI Mapping easier. Just remember that you need to hold down SHIFT when turning those Deck 3/4 EQs to control Deck 1/2 Neural Mix EQs.

1 Like

Sax, not sex , lol an honest mistake

LOL. I figured that’s what you meant :laughing:

1 Like