Neural Mix Pro App (Mac OS) Any method to separate INST (no vocals) into Drums, Bass, Melodic, Harmonic?

• Device model (MB M3 Pro):
  • Version of operating system (latest OS):
  • Version of Neural Mix Pro (want to buy the latest version):
  • Hardware/controllers used (n/a):

I haven’t spend the $50.00 yet, since AVR5 is fairly comprehensive. However, I want to buy Neural Mix Pro for my Mac due to the GUI/UX and the fact I love it on DJAY PRO AI for my other devices.

I’ve watched the videos I can find online, and I don’t see any settings/menus. It looks like the Neural Mix Pro app only separates Vocals, Drums, Instrumentals whereas even the DJAY version can do Drum/Bass/Melodic at the click of a button.

My current batch of files do not have vocals. I need stem separation for these instrumentals that isolate the Bass, Drums, and Melodics and/or Harmonics, and/or “Other”

1 Like

Hi there djay pro currently has 3 settings for neural mix.

1. instrumental - acapella with option to also have persuasive - tonal
  2. drums - Harmonic - vocal with option to have drums - bass - melodic
  3. drums - bass - harmonic - vocals

Possibly the 2) is what you need? Drums - bass - melodic?

As I was writing I’m thinking blimey djay pro is so flexible. This is for iOS not sure what it’s like for Mac.

I describe exactly that in the original post but thanks for trying to help!

This post/thread/question is regarding Algoriddim’s NEURAL MIX PRO Standalone
Software (currently MacOS only) that costs
$49.99 in the Apple App Store for desktop and laptops currently.

Not inquiring about DJAY PRO AI.

Keep me posted if any of you own NEURAL MIX PRO and can tell me if it has more modes than what I’m seeing in YouTube reviews.

Yes I realise when I posted it :joy::joy:

The standalone Neural Mix Pro hasn’t been updated in two years. It lacks the updated neural engine AI that exists in djay pro. There’s a separate thread asking if Neural Mix Pro will get the updated neural engine AI but no one from Algoriddim has responded. If you’re interested in generating stems, try LALAL.ai.

Thank you for taking time to let me know!

They are charging $50 for that thing and it’s unsupported? Yikes.

The cost may also includes Djay Pro AI. I found Algoriddim’s current stem separator in Djay Pro AI is a bit better than LALAL.ai and Moises when I compared how they separated vocals from instrumentation on a particular track i wanted to remix… Unfortunately, Djay Pro AI only supports real-time stem separation. They can be recorded, but again, in real time and one stem at a time. So if I extract two stems from a 4 min song, it will take 8 mins to create two stems.

It doesn’t include DJAY Pro AI in the cost.

But yes, I agree and have sent A Capella Vocals directly into my DAW using DJAY’s stem separation to create remixes. They come out pretty clean and I just go make a coffee while it’s recording.

My concern is this is less-optimal for multiple files or batches, or when you simply want to do more than two tracks.

TWO TRACKS INTO DAW SIMULTANEOUSLY
To dovetail upon your solution, you can actually do two 4 minute stem-separated tracks in four total minutes (not eight) into a DAW.

Double-tap the “load track” button to create doubles of the song (or if you’re stemming tracks from two different songs your DAW doesn’t care… useful for recording stems of an a capella on one platter and a different/remix instrumental on the other platter, into DAW simultaneously).

Sync the songs fully. They should be sync’d by default but you can always align the stems later in your DAW.

Send the left deck to CUE and the right to MAIN, and you’ve now split your outputs into the DAW to cut your stem creation time in half at 2 or more stems.

If your DAW lacks two pair of Stereo Inputs, you can use DB Cable or BlackHole (affordable software) to create virtual cables (see YouTube) inside your computer.

(If each deck in DJAY had a PAN KNOB and could pan LEFT and RIGHT individually — which I don’t “think” is the case currently, not sure… we’d be able to do four outputs at a time using two in CUE (L/R) and MAIN (K/R) and Four Decks Mode.)

Thanks for the tip! I’ll definitely try this.