Option for Neural Mix Volumes to not reset on song load

NOTE: Please use the search function above before posting to avoid creating duplicate topics.

• Device model (e.g. 2020 iPad Air 4th Gen): MacBook Air M2
  • Version of operating system (e.g. macOS 14.4.1): 15.0 Beta (24A5289h)
  • Version of djay (e.g. 5.1.2): 5.2.1
  • Hardware/controllers used (e.g. Reloop Mixon 8 Pro): nanoKONTROL2

Summary of the issue:
When I load in a new song, the volume bars of the 4 NM stems get reset. But I use the physical faders from my nanoKONTROL2 to control those volumes individually when mixing songs. I like to mix in/out song through stems sometimes and just leave the line volume up.

How to reproduce the issue:
Screen recorded, check when I load a new song in deck 1.

I have reset EQ disabled in my djay Pro settings

(putting text here because I can’t post unless I add some more text)

Hi @Qun, thanks for the details about your setup and the video.

1. First of all, please note that we do not support Beta versions of macOS.
  2. There are two different ways to control Neural Mix: Neural Mix Volumes and Neural Mix EQs. The NM Volumes are always reset when loading new songs, but the NM EQs should be maintained. Please try using NM EQs instead of volumes and let me know if that solves your issue.
1 Like

Yes I’m aware of the EQ function, but I don’t have 4 EQ knobs, only 3. So I
thought I could use my old nanoKONTROL2 to use for volume mixing through
hardware, but with the volume resets it’s not usable.

You don’t need 4 EQ knobs. Look at the picture.

The stems are split 3 ways - drums, harmonic and vocal. Three volume faders. Three EQ knobs.

You haven’t watched my video? Stems are split up by Drums, Bass, Harmonics and Vocal.

Just because the EQ shows 3 things, it technically controls 4 by combining 2 stems based on what setting you use.

I would like to control all 4 stems through volume, not EQ.

Hi @Qun, as stated above, Neural Mix Volume settings not resetting when loading songs is not currently supported. However, I have passed this idea onto the dev team for consideration. I have also changed this topic from a Bug Report to a Suggestion. Please use the blue Vote button at the top left of this page so we can gauge user demand for this feature change. In the meantime, I recommend you try using the 3 knob Neural Mix EQs instead of the 4 Neural Mix Volumes. Thanks!

1 Like

I now switched my second MIDI controller to the Neural Mix EQs instead of volumes, hard selected in the MIDI config, so not using low/med/high EQ but the 4 channel NM EQs.

I want to use my main controller for normal EQs, so I need to have this selected on EQ and not Neural Mix, else my main controller controls the Neural Mix EQs.

The issue is, when I don’t have Neural Mix EQs selected in that UI section and it’s “in the background”, it does reset the Neural Mix EQs. This doesn’t happen when it’s in the foreground.