Neural Mix Volumes settings reset on app restart

• Device model: iPad Air (2024)
  • Version of operating system: iOS 17.6
  • Version of djay: 5.1.2
  • Hardware/controllers used: Xone K2

Summary of the issue:

After restarting the app, most settings persist, as is expected on iOS apps. However, the Neuralmix mixer settings do not. Specifically, if 4 stems are selected, then this is reset back to 3 stems on restart.

How to reproduce the issue:

Set Neuralmix mixer to 4 stem mode. Restart app. Neuralmix mixer settings are reset back to 3 stem mode.

Thanks for the details about this issue @wasabidj, but I believe you shared the View Settings video instead of the Neural Mix Mixer video. Please share the correct video. Thanks!

@wasabidj I tested this on 5.2.1 and the 4 STEMs Neural Mix Mixer remains when I do an app restart. Please update to 5.2.1 and confirm if that solves your issue. Thanks!

That should have read 5.2.1.

@wasabidj please retest. I was unable to reproduce on 5.2.1.

Here’s another video, not sure what else I can do…

Thanks for the additional video @wasabidj. Very strange. Please try updating to the recently released 5.2.2 to see if that solves your issue. I tested several times on 5.2.1 and 5.2.2 and it remembers my 4 STEMS Neural Mix Volume selection upon restart.

Hi @Slak_Jaw

I tried updating and rerunning the test and I get exactly the same behaviour.

I’m running the test on a clean install of Djay with no additional configuration.

Hi @wasabidj, please try loading and playing a track on the Deck before preforming the restart.

UPDATE: okay, I’m now experiencing some inconsistency here. I’m running 5.2.2 and the NM Volumes are staying on 4 STEMS mode when restarting. If I change them to 2 or 3, they return to 4 when restarting. I have shared this with engineering for further review. Thanks!