New BPMs Analysis Problem with Djay Pro 5.0.1

I’m running macOS Monterey 12.7.1 (21G920) and Djay Pro 5.0.1

I recently re-analyised an previous playlist… before all the BPMs were in two digits, but now I have a mix or two and three digit results, but when I want to play a newly analysied 86BPM track with a 172BPM track I cannot do this manually now… but if I try it using Sync… eventhough the BPMs are way way way off… I can see the 86BPM tempo adjust slider has moved to match the 172BPM track on the right and if I do the SyncMix, the blend pefectly.

Can someone please explain what is going on with this mismatch BPMs issue… and how can I now trust this new BPM analysis…?

I’m using TIDAL HIFI as my music source.

Regards,
Anthony

Using the grid editing can you not half the bpm of the blackball track?

2 Likes

This new update messed up half my beatgrids and now I can’t fix them. It won’t let me put the start marker on the downbeat.

1 Like

How do I do that… ?

When I analyzed these tracks before using Version 4… that Blackball track displayed as 86BPM, why is it now 172BPM ? Does that make sense to you Dysfunk_DJ ?

Thanks for taking the time to reply Dysfunk_DJ, it’s very much appreciated.

1 Like

Very sorry to hear that MontyJoe :frowning: All my extensive cue marks are gone off previously marked up tracks also… but I can get over that once I can 100% trust the new BeatGrids and BPM analysis… but seeing this issue that I have as per my post… this is a worry. I shit you not… :frowning:

Maybe pointing out the obvious here, but 172 BPM is actually correct.

DnB tracks often get labelled at half the tempo by a lot of tools.

1 Like

Yes it makes sense. It’s using a higher BPM resolution, 86BPM is exactly 1/2 of 172BPM, so it’s counting the BPM twice as fast.

You can change this two ways:

1. You can manually 1/2 or double the BPM to better match the other track. In these examples, I doubled the BPM twice from 49.7 to to 99.4 to 198.8. Notice the /2 and x2 buttons underneath the BPM (and the beat grid icon highlighted in blue).

2. You can also set the BPM analysis range in Settings > Library

1 Like

I’m new to DnB… so that makes sense, as I didn’t see this type of BPM fluctuation with my standard TECHNO tracks and playlists… thank you Mister_Tuur for your input

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.