New Neural mix multi-track waveforms do not stay enabled after restart

Hi everyone,

The new Neural Mix multi-track waveforms feature is very nice! I wouldn’t have thought that I needed it, but once it’s there, I really like it. However, every time I restart the program, the multi-track waveforms do not stay enabled by default. I have to manually turn them on each time, which is inconvenient. I think this needs a fix.

Additional
Talking about stems and Neural Mix, I noticed that after playing a song from Apple Music (streaming service), all effects on that channel that were previously assigned to one of the stems (e.g., vocal) are assigned to the whole track again after playing from Apple Music. Additionally, the Neural Mix multi-track waveforms are also reset after playing from Apple Music. I know this behavior has to do with licensing terms, but I would expect a fallback to the Neural settings when a local track is loaded again.

Hope this makes sense and is something that can be made better.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards,

• Device model MacBook Pro 2019
  • Version of operating system Mac OS, Sanoma 14.4.1.
  • Version of djay: 5.2.0
  • Hardware/controllers used: Reloop Mixon 8 Pro

Also, I noted that the settings of all the effects assigned (e.g., the length of the ‘Vinyl Break’ effect or the length of a reverb) are unfortunately not being saved after you restart the program. They all go back to their default setting.

I don’t know if it is since the new version, but I think it’s better to also have these effect-settings consistent even when you fire up the software the next day. This would provide a better user experience, and it’s also more in line with the behavior of effects in other DJ programs.

1 Like

Yes, I wish it would stay enabled too.

1 Like

Hi @DJ_Big_Blender,

Thanks for sharing this issue/feedback with us.

We’ve gone ahead and passed this along to our engineering team for further review.

Have a good day!

Hi @DJ_Big_Blender,

I wanted to let you know that we heard back from our teams regarding this topic.

This is currently expected behavior, i.e., loading a track that doesn’t support NM will reset all NM-related settings.

Have a nice day!

1 Like

Ok,

Thanks for the reply.
To what point exactly are they exactly referring?

1. After a restart the multi-track waveforms do not stay enabled by default.
  2. After playing from Apple-streaming the multi-track waveform is gone and also the effects assigned to one stem?
  3. That the setting of all 3 effects are not being saved after a restart?
  4. All above mentioned (hope not :face_with_spiral_eyes:)

Thanks.

Hi,

In order not to lose sight of this bug (it closes within a month), I would still like to know which of the four points the development team is referring to.

When I know this, I can make a change request for that.

See also:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.