New Rane controller (Rane FOUR?)

@Gil honestly I’m not 100% sure about the class compliant and MIDI thing.
You should have your Settings>Audio Device Setup>Mixer Mode set to Internal though.

if I use external I can assign all the correct channels. If I use internal I’ll be intirely dependant on the midi that I can’t configure.

Now, at least, I can use the touch screen to control the decks, and the mixer to control the volumes.

But I’ll try it anyway, maybe it will force the midi recognition. the worst that can happen is to put it all back. Thanks

1 Like

@Gil did you make any progress on this?

Sorry, tried both solutions and none worked.

I’m left with the only option remaining (that I Can think of): the trial version might be limited and not recognizing new midi controllers.

Since I’m a Serato primary user, was exploring the option of Deejay Pro AI on the iPad as a safeguard. If it worked would subscribe for one year. Like this I’m not sure if it’s worth it.

I’m limited to use the controls on the iPad and Rane four as a external mixer with sound card.

@Gil oh, I didn’t realize you were using the free version of djay! You could have led with that.

I’m pretty sure that is indeed the problem. I suggest you subscribe for 1 month and give the MIDI Mapping a go. In the meantime here’s the list of differences between the free and subscription version of djay.

To my knowledge, there is no monthly option, or I would have already taken it, only if it worked, as expected, would then proceed to the annual option.

Like this I’m on a crossroad, and I’m feeling that probably should wait to see if the Rane Four will be officially supported.

But thanks anyway for your help.

@Gil there is definitely a monthly option for $4.99 I believe, but yeah you might be better waiting for native RANE Four support as MIDI Mapping it yourself will take several hours of work.

If there is a monthly option I haven’t found it, or probably it won’t appear until I finish the trial.

There is for sure. Google any of the djay Pro AI reviews and they all mention the monthly and annual subscription options.

I’v found it buried on some menus on my AppStore account, but now I’m thinking that I’m not using the free app, I’m using the pro trial. I shouldn’t be limited.

Hello!

Just to let you know that, i’v done 1 full month of PRO subscription and nothing changed, The Rane 4 continues not to be recognized as a MIDI device, even being recognized as an audio device.

Would love to sort this out, but I’m guessing ill have to wait until it’s officially supported by Djay

2 Likes

Thanks for your interest in adding support for this hardware. I have logged this internally with the dev team. Please use the Vote button at the top right of this page so we can gauge user demand for this. Thanks again!

1 Like

Hello ,

Can you give us information about when Rane Four Hardware Midi map support will come?

1 Like

Just a friendly reminder to everyone to please use the search function before creating new topics. Thanks!

I’m merging this with an existing post. Also, due to the nature of software development, Algoriddim does not typically share timelines or release dates. We are very aware of the demand for new hardware support and I am personally pushing this internally. That’s all I can say for now. Thanks again for your interest in adding support for this device. As always, please use the Vote button so we can gauge user demand.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.