New Rane controller (Rane FOUR?)

I know Algoriddim has a pretty good track record with In-Music brand controllers (Rane, Denon, Numark), I am hoping that Rane sent you one of the new controllers to test and map to DJay, I think the controller is what I have been waiting for to run with my iPad… Quality 4 channel controller support is what is missing from the iPad. The Prime 4 has been buggy in my usage.

3 Likes

The Prime 4 has been rock solid for me with Djay on iPad.

3 Likes

Weird my prime 4 when mixing, if I have to nudge a track even speeding it up with the jog wheel, while adjusting the pitch fader, the pitch will always jump to -8 until I stop the jog and stop moving the pitch fader.
Also if I am scratching in a track, and it is a little off when I release, the jog wheel cannot be used to make pitch corrections until the jog wheel has stopped all movement for at least 1 second. 1 second is an eternity when a mix is off. I can do a video if needed.

2 Likes

Hi @Stevie_Ray,

While I can’t talk about our future plans, I’ll be sure to put this on our developer’s radar for future consideration!

Additionally, in regard to your issues with your Prime 4, we kindly ask that you share a video for us to take a look at what can potentially be the problem!

I’m looking forward to hearing back from you and have a nice day!

2 Likes

Now that the RANE 4 has launched it would be great to get support for it. I really don’t want to have to switch over to Serato! Will kill my workflow, but the RANE 4 looks like a great controller, so I have one ordered…. Shame Mixon couldn’t get their Pro 8 launched when they said they would….

4 Likes

Oh and I’m specifically wanting iOS support. My iPad Pro has become the go to over my Mac Book Pro.

3 Likes

Hey @Stevie_Ray @Sax_Alien @Slak_Jaw ,

I am happy to let you know that our Dev Team will be working to provide full support for the Rane Four.

While I can’t share a timetable for this development, I will happily keep you updated on any news in regard to this matter as it comes in!

7 Likes

Does anyone know if the Rane four will get iPad support or if there is a way to currently use it with an iPad? I have an iPad Pro as my main device and really like this controller. Any info would be helpful, thanks!

2 Likes

Hi @RetroMania,

Thanks for posting to the community for the first time!

I will be merging your community post into one that currently exists linked below about the same topic for better tracking of this request.

Have a nice day!

1 Like

Please make Rane four a native device been waiting for a new controller to drop want to purchase but refuse to use anything but Dejay pro Ai or please develop a signature controller maybe Apple ios or os based software to capitalize on all your software without mapping and loosing functions of equipment that would be a game changer Love this software and I’ma loyal subscriber…

5 Likes

Hey @Alan_Bezzie ,

Thank you for your interest in the Rane 4 and its compatibility with djay!

Considering the controller’s popularity, we would like to be transparent about the fact that - although we have this on our radar - we cannot guarantee any specific time frame for the implementation of the requested native support.

You can rest assured, though, that any developments will be posted in this Community thread, so as to keep you all informed.

Thank you for your attention. Cheers!

3 Likes

Thank you for your due diligence. In the past year I have been introducing this to most of my DJ friends who have been using Serato for years and trying to get them to switch over however you must know this is hard to do when Serato is the industry standard so to speak. I have been using it with an older DJPro AI supported Pioneer controller and it has not failed me yet. I think the beat/grid is like no other. However, as of yesterday, I have a Rane Four, and trying to map it to use all four channels is clunky at best.

Since now Pioneer owns Serato and Recordbox. This type of support is needed even more.
Rane may be willing to assist you even more because Serato and Recordbox (Pioneer) are their competitors.

If you can get at least the basics to work with all 4 channels/jog wheels/Pads (Cue Point, Auto Loop, etc) it would be appreciated. The screens and Stems Pad would be great but can be an iteration down the line. Also, your Stems are better suited for the Stems pads on the Rane Four.

4 Likes

We absolutely need Rane Four full compatibility. It seems to be the perfect controller !

3 Likes

hello!

I was trying to midi map my Rane four But my Ipad doesn’t recognizes the midi device? can you help me please?

1 Like

@Gil how are you connecting the iPad to the RANE Four? Do you have a USB-C iPad or Lightning connector iPad?

1 Like

I have a iPad 2022 with M1, im connecting using USB C - USB B (to the controller)

@Gil

1. Do you have the USB selection (A or B) on the RANE Four set to the same USB input you have the iPad connected to?
  2. If you have a powered USB-C hub, I would try connecting the iPad through it with power connected so the iPad is charging. Follow this connection order:
    a. Launch djay Pro AI
    b. Connect the hub to the iPad.
    c. Connect power to the hub. Confirm the iPad is charging.
    d. Connect the USB cable from the hub to the RANE Four

I’v selected the correct USB port and had sound going through the selected channels (as an external mixer), the Midi is the only thing not being recognized.

Haven’t tried the powered usb hub, but will do ASAP.

thanks

2 Likes

@Gil you’re welcome. Hopefully that does the trick. I’ve read mixed reports about djay Pro AI on iPad being able to recognize the RANE Four. It’s possible that it simply won’t work with iPad due to not being class compliant.

I might be wrong but, not being class compliant, only affects the sound card, not the midi?

1 Like