New software

As a loyal Djay user,I use both iOS djay2 and Djay Pro on mixtour and beatpad2 respectively. I have been patiently waiting for a Djay Pro upgrade to match the features on the Mac recent upgrade (saved loops!!) and was a little disappointed with the new djay. For a casual user like myself, the subscription model feels like a kick in the teeth. Djay is aiming at a more pro user but I feel most of its users are like me who are not career DJ”s so subscription does not work for us. Will Algoriddim consider a one of payment for people like me? Judging by the response on all the sites, it looks like they have made an almighty mistake and need to address this or risk losing many users.

My question is if I upgrade to the new software will I still have djay2 and the old dj pro apps available or will they be over written? Also does the new software have saved loops and will my hardware still work with it?

Hi Craig,

With the new version of djay on iOS we are offering a free and a subscription option.

The free version gives you a basic and versatile set off features including Spotify and iTunes access, support for official djay hardware controllers, sync mode, FX, cue points & loops, and more.

The new version of djay for iOS requires a subscription to access PRO features and an extensive and growing library of content.
You can read more about what the subscription offers over on the “Why We’re Moving to Subscriptions” page:
https://www.algoriddim.com/subscription  

You can check which version suits you best with a free 7-day trial, and a special upgrade price of $9.99 for a year to owners of any existing djay product on iOS.

Cheers,Lukas E.