New User - Multiple Questions

Greetings,

I am a new user with multiple questions. Thanks to anyone who helps me.

I just received a new Reloop Mixtour Pro and this is why I’m checking out this software. It is impressive, but some things have me stumped.

I have installed Djay on both my Alienware laptop and my Samsung tablet.

QUESTION #1: I understood that connecting the Mixtour Pro would unlock all the features of the software. But, I still get the splash screen asking me to subscribe, and the recording function doesn’t work without purchasing apparently. Am I off base on this?

QUESTION #2: How do I get horizontal waveforms on the Android version on my Samsung Tablet? I’ve been able to do it on Windows, but on my tablet, no go. I found instructions to click on the little down arrow next to the numbers above the vertical waveforms, but I do not have the option to switch to horizontal. I don’t need the turntable visual and just need a performance mode view of the waveforms.

QUESTION #3: Is there a way to get it to show compatible keys for the song playing? I see how to get it to color-code the keys, but it doesn’t seem to indicate which are compatible.

Once again, thank you for helping me. I’m trying to get the hang of it.

Regarding the question of whether and which features can be used without a subscription, please refer to the information from the manufacturer:

“The Reloop Mixtour Pro unlocks key features in Algoriddim’s djay Pro software …”

“The app’s functionality may vary depending on the platform used. Only Pro functions that can be operated with the controller are activated without a subscription.”

Not everything is always activated. For Apple devices, these are, for example, Neutral Mix, Pro Mode and 4-Deck Mode. This can also be different on Android.

Ok, well, thank you for that.

Any ideas on the other two questions?

Question 3 - it doesn’t indicate compatible keys. I’d suggest turning it to numeric keys though (eg 1A, 1B, 2A, …). Once you do that it’s relatively easy:

• Same key (eg 6A to 6A)
  • +/-1 key (eg 6A to 5A or 7A)
  • A to B or B to A (eg 6A to 6B)

Then as you remember those, try to add:

• +2 keys (eg 6A to 8A)
  • -3 keys (eg 6A to 3A)

Then …

• +5 keys (eg 6A to 11A)
  • -7 keys (same as above but sometimes the mental arithmetic is easier!)
  • +3 keys and A to B or B to A (eg 6A to 9B)

There’s probably others but those put you in pretty much a binary choice of “can I transition from track A to track B directly or do I need an intermediate track?”. There’s a small number of cases where you may need 2 transitional tracks (e.g 6A to 4B off the top of my head would need that)

But yeah, initially if you work with the first 3 you should be able to slowly build up to doing the rest :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you. Now if I can figure out how to turn the waveforms horizontal!

Hi @Palladium86,

Thanks for posting your questions in our forum, and big thanks to @Chris_R and @Algy_Taylor for the assistance!

Just to clarify:

Q1 - Connecting controllers to djay will unlock only the features that the hardware can make use of (while connected), for instance, Neural Mix and Pre-Cueing on the Mixtour; however, not recording or video mode without a PRO subscription.

Q2 - It is not currently available to change the waveform orientation of either deck from vertical to horizontal, but we have shared this as a feature request for our engineering team.

Q3 - Are you trying to find similar keys for tracks or something else? Additionally, is this for Windows or Android?

Thanks!

Mixtour Pro that is. :wink:

@NathanielAlgo - Thank you for responding and I apologize for the delay in my response. Life gets in the way of pleasure.

On Q2: The horizontal waveforms are needed for me as a progressive house DJ. I don’t scratch or anything like that and good views of as much of the waveforms as possible are great.

I have the Windows version of Djay and it behaves as I prefer on the waveforms but the Android version appears not to.

On Q3: For example, Virtual DJ shows key compatibility with the playing track of the other songs in the playlist or folder that is selected.

It would be nice to be able to see compatibility in this way in Djay as it always helps me select the next song if I haven’t completely planned out the music.

I would be glad to purchase/subscribe Djay for use, especially to play with the Mixtour Pro using my Samsung tablet, but these two things are pretty important features for me - horizontal waveforms and key compatibility.

Thanks again.

2 Likes

This has been requested multiple times for years. IMHO it’s also a very easy to implement feature. Anyway, the current solution would be to sort on key. Not ideal, but still.

1 Like

It’s amazing that this isn’t in, given it would just be a case of bold-ing some text or adding a little symbol (eg tick) next to the key

1 Like

If it can analyze the key of the song, it would seem a fairly easy feature to indicate the level of compatibility.

For me, super-important.

I’ve been impressed with Djay (been a professional DJ since 1982) but just a couple of little things… :slight_smile:

Hi @Palladium86,

Of course, thank you for the reply as well.

We’ve gone ahead and passed your feedback along to our engineering team for further consideration.

Have a nice day!

Ok, thank you. I’ll keep monitoring.