No sound Traktor Kontrol S3

I recently updated the firmware on NI Kontrol S3 DJ controller. However I am not hearing any sound via my headphones when I am cueing a track. Also the dedicated on the controller doesn’t appear to be working either. I have checked my preferences and they are all seem to be set correctly.

I am not sure if thses functions require mapping as they seem to be correct.

I have Virtual DJ software and all the DJ controller functions are working correctly

Hardware: Macbook pro 2015
Hard drive: 1 Terabyte

Thanking you all in advance

Hi @Dazza_D, thanks for the information.

1. What version of djay are you using? Do you have an active paid subscription?
  2. Was everything working fine before the S3 firmware update?
  3. Are you using the “built-in” MIDI Mapping or a custom edit?
  4. Is your S3 connected to power with the supplied NI power adapter or are you running off USB bus power from your laptop?
  5. Are you connected to the laptop via the USB-B socket or the USB-A (iOS) socket on the S3?
  6. Please share screenshots of your djay Settings>Audio Devices and Settings>MIDI Devices.

Thanks!

Hi Slak_Jaw,

Thank you for your prompt reply. Please find my reply below.

Thanks

Derick

On Fri, 29 Mar 2024 at 20:11, Slak Jaw via Algoriddim Community Forums <no-reply@algoriddim.com> wrote:

45x45 Slak_Jaw Algoriddim Staff
March 29

Hi @Dazza_D, thanks for the information.

1. What version of djay are you using? Do you have an active paid subscription? Djay Pro AI. I have a paid subscription

2. Was everything working fine before the S3 firmware update? Yes, I have been using my controller with Virtual DJay with all the function working.

3. Are you using the “built-in” MIDI Mapping or a custom edit? MIDI Mapping only

4. Is your S3 connected to power with the supplied NI power adapter or are you running off USB bus power from your laptop? I have been using USB bus power.

5. Are you connected to the laptop via the USB-B socket or the USB-A (iOS) socket on the S3? USB A socket

6. Please share screenshots of your djay Settings>Audio Devices and Settings>MIDI Devices.

You’re welcome @Dazza_D,

1. Please share the actual djay version number (ex. 5.1.4)
  2. Try connecting the NI power supply that came with the controller.
  3. Also, try connecting to your Mac with a USB-B cable instead of the USB-A cable. The A socket is meant for iOS not macOS.
  4. Again, please share screenshots of your djay Settings>Audio Devices and Settings>MIDI Devices.

Hi Slaw,

Sincere apologies for the late reply. I have the latest version of djay pro. I have connected a power supply. I have an older Mac with the old usb connecter and the square connector for the dj controller. I have also updated the firmware. I am not sure if this is causing a conflict with the Mac software. Also please find a screenshot of the midi settings.

Thanking you in advance.

Hi @Dazza_D, thanks for the follow up and the screenshot, but this is not the one I’m looking for.

1. From within the djay app, please go to the djay Settings>Audio Devices and take a screenshot.
  2. From within the djay app, please go to the djay Settings>MIDI>Traktor Kontrol S3 and take a screenshot.
  3. It would also be helpful to capture a video of the issue showing exactly how you have connected everything, what your Audio Device and MIDI Device settings are, along with a demo of the issue. Please then upload it to your Google Drive/Dropbox, enable sharing permissions, then share a link to the video here? Thanks!