Not loading all tags

Its not loading all tags for me on Windows, cant find the pattern though, seems random. lots of files.

Hi @alecc,

Sorry to see you have been experiencing some unexpected behavior from djay as of late.

Please update your post with the following information laid out in our “New topic” template which I will quote below so that we can better understand this issue.

NOTE: Please use the search function above before posting to avoid creating duplicate topics.

• Device model (e.g. 2020 iPad Air 4th Gen):
  • Version of operating system (e.g. macOS 14.4.1):
  • Version of djay (e.g. 5.1.2):
  • Hardware/controllers used (e.g. Reloop Mixon 8 Pro):

Summary of the issue:

How to reproduce the issue:

Try to check the tags with additional tools like mp3tag as there are some software which doesn’t store tags correctly.

Filetypes, tags and tag format are sometimes tricky.
Some filetypes doesn’t support all the tags and there might be application/vendor specific tags.

Where have you bought your files?
Are"broken tag" files from Beatport, apple?
What file format mp3, aif, wav?

There is no pattern to it, same album, same specs, some are analysed, others not. If I scan them manually, tags are added.

Would be great if analyzing were optional anyway, as all files are tagged correctly already. A ‘read tags from files’ option would therefore be much appreciated. Bpms are wrong (double) a lot in djay, keys not sure, but mixedinkey gets them, so no need to re-analyse. In general existing playlists might come from other places, so re-analysing should be optional, otherwise things get messed up.

just drag a bunch of files into djay on windows 10. There is no pattern, same album, same file specs, some load, some dont.

Please dont say “update to windows 11” :wink: