NowPlaying.txt should update according to the active turntable not last loaded track

the NowPlaying.txt should update according to the active turntable, and hearing turntable, not last loaded track … useless if it’s only the last loaded track → it’s not “nowplaying”

easy to reproduce with DJAY 5.1.7 and refresh the log .txt

it change only when you load a new track.

It should just show the track that is playing and selected with crossfader. the audible track, not the last loaded track in a deck…

Can you please fix this ?

i want to use this file, to program an utility that’s load lyrics on SHAZAM web with nowplaying.txt of DJAY log, send to OBS virtual camera an play it in DJAY to make the lyrics missing video function in DJAY pro that VirtualDJ have already…

on MAC this log file is here
/Users/username/Music/djay/djay\ Media\ Library.djayMediaLibrary/NowPlaying.txt

actually, doesn’t work correctly in 5.1.7

please fix this,

Regards,

Olivier F.

Hi @Olivier_Frappier, thanks for the details. What version of macOS are you running?
I have forwarded this onto the engineering team. I’ll report back here when I have news. Thanks!

more details : DJAY PRO 5.1.7 on MAC mini pro M2 (Silicon), and Sonoma 14.5

seems that nowplaying doesn’t see where is the crossfader… it’s a bug in latest version. perhaps because of Crossfader AI of V5 ?

Regards,

Olivier F

1 Like

Hi @Olivier_Frappier, thanks for the additional details. Do you have a controller connected when you experience these issues? If so which controller?

Hi,

FLX10

Anyway, i’ve the same problem with FLX10 connected with my mapping, and without FLX10 connected.

nowplaying don’t see crossfader position.

it’s a permanent issue ; just show the last loaded song but not the currently played and audible

same with/without controller

Regards,

Olivier F.

Thanks for the additional details

Hi @Olivier_Frappier, I just wanted to let you know that this has been fixed and will be addressed in an upcoming update (likely 5.2). Thanks!

1 Like

Not fixed in 5.2

The now playing doesn’t take care to the Crossfader position

anyway, thanks for this 5.2 great update for FLX10… and others, but nowplaying not fixed

Regards,

Olivier

Thanks for confirming @Olivier_Frappier. I’ve sent a follow up to the dev team. I’ll report back when I have news.

Hi again @Olivier_Frappier, are you using the built-in MIDI mapping for your controller? We updated a bunch of mappings in 5.2 to incorporate the crossfader (also for external mixer CFX), so if you are using a custom mapping that might explain why it’s not working.

Hello! It’s been more than a week since my last reply. I’m going to consider this topic completed for now so I can focus on others. However, please feel free to respond and we can definitely revisit this. Thanks!